Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
CAR IS SOLD

I'm getting a Caterham so time to sell my baby. 2008 Exige S240 in phantom black with 17,696 miles. Mostly stock. No drivetrain mods ever. Car has track pack and touring pack. No LSD. I am the second owner.

List of modifications:

Rear bumper delete/naked rear with Difflow 5 element Railer Jr diffuser
BOE ST-5 muffler installed (easily passes sound at Laguna). Also have BOE quarter stick that I can include for a small fee (otherwise will sell on forum). The quarterstick sounds amazing and is highly recommended unless you absolutely need it quiet.
Front and rear tow hooks
BOE upgraded rear toe links
V2 steering arms for additional camber up front
Lotus Sport Cup wheels in near mint condition- no rash, just a couple microscopic scratches from wheel changes. Currently has R888R tires with >60% life left.
Front rotors upgraded to slotted Giro/CupDisc rotors
Braille lightweight battery with cutoff switch and connection for battery tender.
Schroth 4 point ASM harness (still has factory 3 points)
Carbon front splitter

The car has been meticulously maintained and cared for by Jon at Trackspec and myself. I had the cams inspected when I bought the car @ 8600 miles and they were fine. I have had zero engine issues. Sometimes I get a small crunch on the 3-2 downshift if revs are not matched well. Goes into gear fine without increased effort though. 1-2 shift is totally fine. Doesn't affect driveability. AC blows cold. Never in an accident. Clean title. No liens.

Cosmetically the car is in fantastic shape. The car has the starshield and it has protected the paint very well. The starshield has some wear in the rocker panel (although most of what you see is rubber marks that can be cleaned. (I will work on it and update the pics). There are light specks in the front starshield only visible from up close. There is one significant ding in the shield on the front, but I don't think it damaged the paint. I have babied the paint (you have to with black!) and it's in great shape. If you wanted it to look perfect, you can have the PPF film replaced. The splitter does not have film on it so has lots of stone chips. Interior is in near new condition, just the usual wear on the sill covers.

Asking $50k. I am in the Fremont area (Bay Area California). Please let me know if you want to come see it.
20200517_180443.jpg
20200517_180449.jpg
20200517_180457.jpg
20200517_180503.jpg
20200517_180527.jpg
20200517_180534.jpg
20200517_180546.jpg

·
Registered
979 Posts
not bad! was expecting a crack-pipe price based on what I see from most people on here ("endowment bias") but you're listing at a very reasonable point IMO

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Wow, that is a steal! Personally, I wouldn't let it go that low... especially with those wheels.

·
Registered
983 Posts
Do you have the OEM parts - splitter, rear panel, diffuser, wheels, etc. and would they come with the car?

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, I priced it low for 2 reasons. 1. The trans issue; it will need a rebuild for 2nd gear syncro in the near-ish future (depending on how it's driven it'll be fine for a while). And 2. I wanted to sell it quickly if/before the 2nd great depression hits soon.

I certainly did get a barrage of interest quickly. I could have listed it at $55k+ and let it sit for months, but answering lowball offers and slowly dropping the price over the next 3-6 months isn't on my agenda. I'm sad to see it go, it is a fantastic car. But i'm looking forward to my 420R...

·
Registered
117 Posts
There you go... covid comes and goes but Lotus remains, timeless as ever! Congratulations on the sale, all the very best to the new owner and welcoming them to the Lotus family!!!

·
Registered
547 Posts
There you go... covid comes and goes but Lotus remains, timeless as ever! Congratulations on the sale, all the very best to the new owner and welcoming them to the Lotus family!!!
I purchased this car. Definitely not new to the Lotus family as I’ve had 3 Elises in the past, but I’m still extremely excited as this is my first Exige.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.