1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What: PALS Winter Planning Meeting

When: Saturday March 14 11AM to 3PM

Where: Kyle's Lotus Barn Bethel PA 19507

Shake out the Winter Blues and socialize with other Lotus enthusiasts while waiting for Lotus weather to return. Anyone in the SE PA region - which includes S Jersey, DE, NE MD, and PA(anywhere really) is welcome to attend. We will be planning PALS events for the coming year.

Format: Pizza and Beer - bring a six pack of your favorite beer (import, domestic, microbrew) I will supply the pizza and non-alcoholic beverages, as well as some of my favorite brews.

Reasons to come:

Socialize with other Lotus people
Indoor Lotus Parking - limited availablity on a first come first parked basis
Tour my Barn - it's pretty cool if I do say so myself
Check out my Collection of Lotus, Lotus artwork, and Lotus ephemera
Beer and Pizza

For those who are familiar with the area and have not already been to my place, or if you like to look at maps and such I am located on just off of I78 between exits 17 and 19 on the south side.

PM me for more specific location info or to RSVP or any other reason.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Count me in as well, weather permitting.
Got both Sev and Kevin down for the event. As far as the weather, unless there is a blizzard the event will go on, the weather may be an issue as to whether the Lotus comes or not, but it is the people tht matter more. See you in March!

·
Registered
214 Posts
Wow, a road trip in only three weeks. Oh, it gets better and better. Will be in touch Scott for details, glad to hear you're in.

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
subscribed to the thread. i have kids coming to visit either the 14th or the 21st. if it works out, i just may really need a ride to shake off the winter dust.
norristown is my original home area, 50+ years ago.
sam

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wow Zammy. Now that's enthusiasm. Let's hope the kids come on the later date and the weather is nice for the 14th. You'll get the greatest distance award for sure.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
There is a little over 2 weeks until the PALS Winter Planning Meeting.

Thus far we have 4 LTers:

Kevin
Sev
Scott
Alan

There is an additional 12 RSVP's from PALS.

This is shaping up to be a nicely attended event. If the weather is nice there are to be a promised 11 Lotus, in addition to mine, present. Including 7 Elises, 2 Elans, a Plus 2 and a Europa.

Here are a few shots of the Barn to further whet your appetite -

Attachments

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
So this is where I officially rsvp, see everyone on the 14th

·
Wingless Wonder
1988 Esprit Turbo
6,101 Posts
Take a close look at the center of the "Hex" sign above the door on Kyle's garage-barn.

:cool:

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
well, looks like i'm not coming as my son just called and we are hosting them for the weekend.
there's usually another get-together near downingtown-coatesville area later in the year.
maybe i can hit that one.
my best, gents.
sam

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
well, looks like i'm not coming as my son just called and we are hosting them for the weekend.
there's usually another get-together near downingtown-coatesville area later in the year.
my best, gents.
sam
too bad, definitely let us know when you're in the area

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Take a close look at the center of the "Hex" sign above the door on Kyle's garage-barn.

:cool:
The photo is a little fuzzy, but yes there is a Lotus Logo in there. I live off a road referred to as the Hex Highway for all of the Pennsylvania Dutch hex sign that decorated barns visible from the road before the Interstates took away all of the traffic and developement took away all the barns. When I built my place and added large pole buillding I decided to make some hex signs. The one over the entry of the Barn is a homage to it's contents.

Thanks for noticing Atwell, and I have you on the guest list.

Here is a closer pic before installation, it is 4 ft in diameter.

Attachments

·
Registered
107 Posts
Sounds like a fun time. I'd like to come but already have plans for that weekend. Let me know if you guy have any other events. I'm only a short drive away up near Scranton and would like to meet up with some other Lotus drivers.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
my best, gents.
sam
Damn, I hate it when family gets in the way of Lotusing!

But seriously, sorry to hear you can't make it. It would have been cool to have someone come from far away. Hopefully you'll make it to another event. I post them to LT as they come up.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Sounds like a fun time. I'd like to come but already have plans for that weekend. Let me know if you guy have any other events. I'm only a short drive away up near Scranton and would like to meet up with some other Lotus drivers.
pMarty,

Sorry you can't make it. The purpose of the meeting is twofold. Primarily we are getting together to socialize and talk about Lotus. Secondarily we are going to plan out the years PALS events. I will post the events as they come up. I hope you'll be able to make one or more.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts