The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a reminder note for anyone interested in participating in an SCCA sanctioned autocross in Arizona this weekend. On December 5th, at Phoenix International Raceway the fourth installment of the fall series will be taking place. Go to the site azsolo2.com for details and online entry. Novices are welcomed. Last month I participated, having never even seen an autocross event, and had a great time. Everyone was friendly and helpful.

Even if your car has not been delivered yet, it's a fun event. I drove my Cadillac CTS-V. Its not quite the same as an Elise ;) , but its all I have until my Elise arrives. So come out and meet fellow Elisetalkers.

If you are attending the drivers education course on the 4th at PIR I will see you there.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
I can't believe that it was cold and rainy again in Phoenix!:mad: It was 39 degrees, windy and overcast at the start.

The weather got worse from there.

None the less the Autocross Drivers school was a great success and lots of fun.

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
It was a great day!! Both Elises that showed up drew lots of attention. The afternoon was pretty interesting with all of the rain, but fun none the less.
Great pics! I'm going to have to do a little photoshop tricks to put me (not the intstructor) in the driver seat.

If you haven't tried autocross..you really need to give it a try.

Bill
(Nomad)

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
I was just going to say-nice job through the slalom! :)

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Sorry Nomad. I didn't realize it wasn't you at the wheel.

If it's any consolation, neither my son nor my friend Dan (who drove my car during the driving school), took ANY pictures of ME while I was driving.:mad: :D

Next time I'll try to take a closer look at the driver before taking the pictures.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts