The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I work at Microsoft game studios and I'm having a hard time finding photos of a car. We are attempting to build a 2002 Lotus Esprit V8 for an upcoming simulation release and we need more reference.

I need high res photos of a UK interior (dash, gauges, steering wheel). I have searched far and wide and have come up with little results. All help is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Easy. Contact the factory, directly or through Lotus Cars USA. It's not as if they are a faceless megalith. They have worked with game designers before.

·
Registered
571 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
You may also try telling us where your located, if in the SoCal/LA area there are many opportunities for you to see one in real life and take all the pics you want.

Just saw the UK interior reference... So you want a right hand drive?? would be tougher to get in person in the states but it is just a mirror image of the US spec. Surely you can just use those mad game developer skills and flip it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Lotus Esprit V8 interior photos - Google Search

Thank you, but it's very hard to find interior, high res pics. I'm pretty thorough with my google searches.

Google Image Result for http://www.informationart.org/LOTUS_ESPRIT/interior12.gif

Like this but hi-res?
yes, but it needs to be rhd with mph speedo, in the 2001/2002 model. also, the photos need to be straight on so they can layer the data.

Easy. Contact the factory, directly or through Lotus Cars USA. It's not as if they are a faceless megalith. They have worked with game designers before.
true, we are working with the factory on newer models. they are able to provide a lot of data, but unfortunately the older stuff is hard to obtain the photos (that are useable).

Ebay motors is also your friend

2002 esprit v8
i found that link before i logged on here. that is for a LHD u.s. car. speedo might work, but dash and steering wheel are different.

Oh, and you'd be better off asking the Esprit V8 owners on LEF (a lot more of them there)

Lotus Esprit Forum (Powered by Invision Power Board)
Thank you sir! i'm registering right now.

You may also try telling us where your located, if in the SoCal/LA area there are many opportunities for you to see one in real life and take all the pics you want.

Just saw the UK interior reference... So you want a right hand drive?? would be tougher to get in person in the states but it is just a mirror image of the US spec. Surely you can just use those mad game developer skills and flip it.
Located in Seattle/Redmond WA. We can possibly flip it, but that is a total last resort. the outside of the car is UK spec, so it's a hefty process to license a UK car with a US interior. but it's not out of the question.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Has a name been decided for this game yet? Any projection as to when it might be released?

Btw, I like your concern for originality. I've always hated games where the cars in it were not true to factory specs and appearance.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Forza 3? and with drivers for the G25

For days that I can't make it to the track... that would be nirvana!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Has a name been decided for this game yet? Any projection as to when it might be released?

Btw, I like your concern for originality. I've always hated games where the cars in it were not true to factory specs and appearance.
can't disclose...and it will be released at the optimal sales time of this year.
Forza 3? and with drivers for the G25

For days that I can't make it to the track... that would be nirvana!
;)

the game is going to be phenomenal. just make sure you have a big, hd tv and a steering wheel.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts