The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
979 Posts
I like the new angle. Next thing to try is the "Dukes of Hazzard" through the open top. Let us know how that goes.

·
Old Dude
2005 Lotus Elise touring, hard top, Starshield
1,326 Posts
Beautiful car - I was torn between green & red - nice choice

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
If you don't mind I'd like to play with this image in Photoshop and see what I can do. Let me know if doing that and posting the result is not something you want. By any chance do you have the original (uncropped, not adjusted)? I might want to use that. Make no mistake, I think it is a nice photo. I just think it has some more potential.

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
That would have been great for the calendar! I generally do not like the biscuit, but it looks awesome with the green paint. Nice!

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
Well, I'll just take my chances here. I doctored it up to my liking (not necessarily anyone else's). The car color looks a bit different and I don't know how accurate it is... this is just the way I thought it looked best.

The original is nice, too.

I rotated it 1 deg CW, sharpened some parts, blurred others, adjusted shadows, midtones, and highlights separately, adjusted contrast in some areas, got rid of distracting driveway details, removed a few small highlights, increased saturation of red seatbelt parts, removed a smudge in the paint on right front fender, removed some reflections from roof on front of hood, and I forget what else. The back end isn't quite right... I think because of the camera position/angle... it isn't symmetrical in the back but the front looks OK. I think I rotated it about .7 deg too far... could be fixed.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Beanie.
You missed the "Burdturd" on the nearside cowl.
:D
m
Do like the slight yellowish?? tint to the green though.

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
It looks like there's something matching on the other side, so I left it. What do I know? I guess I'll have to make it a really obvious bird turd if that's what it is.

Is it supposed to be BRG? If so, I got it wrong... green is too bright. It was fun to do... I'll work on it some more.

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Beanie said:
Is it supposed to be BRG? If so, I got it wrong... green is too bright. It was fun to do... I'll work on it some more.
It's British it's a racing green but it's LRG it's lighter than the classic BRG.

it's closer to the old lotus F1 cars than the green Jaguar uses. Anyway on that light your rendition looks closer to the real thing at least on my monitor.

Edit:

One thing, the non lighted areas are darker like the old color, the bright areas are spot on, but the dark areas are darker. I guess it has something to do with being a metallic paint.

·
Premium Member
29,081 Posts
Beanie said:
It looks like there's something matching on the other side, so I left it. What do I know? I guess I'll have to make it a really obvious bird turd if that's what it is.

I think your color looks pretty accurate. The shiny thing is the fastener that holds the cowl on.

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
:clap: Very nice, that it's the color when the sun hits it just perfect and the car is clean :clap:

Since you are at it, it will be cool to see it with red seats, that is what I have :)

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Very nice! The car looks very exotic from that perspective!

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
sweet in LRG with biscuit :bow:

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
Miguel said:
:clap: Very nice, that it's the color when the sun hits it just perfect and the car is clean :clap:

Since you are at it, it will be cool to see it with red seats, that is what I have :)
If I can find a picture of red seats I'll do it... when time allows.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts