The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I need a picture of an accelerator pedal.

The best picture I think, to go with our ad, is a foot in a racing shoe, poised or pushing down on an accelerator pedal. The pedal should look like one out of a race car (so a Lotus pedal would be great). But I would also be willing to settle for a pic of just the pedal or pedal box.

It needs to be high enough resolution for a full page magazine ad.

And I need it now. :)

So... if anyone has something like this, knows of something like this, or is willing to strap on those pumacats and walk out to their car... let me know.

Thanks!

·
Registered
5,409 Posts
I've got the proper camera and lighting equipment. However, I no longer have the car.

Just so y'all know, the resolution needed to run in a full page magazine ad would be 300 dpi at approximately 8.5" x 11". It will take approximately a 10 megapixel camera to capture an image this size.

Good luck!

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just for grins, can you do this?

Turn off the date?
Take the pic again, with the foot slightly raised so we can still the pedal.
Pull back the other foot.

Just asking! :)

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
And maybe a pic of the pedal without a shoe?

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
Will do. Sorry, I just got home from a "Blues Brothers" concert. Saw Elvis.rotfl
I'll get on it first thing in the morning.

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
Well, I tried cleaning her up a bit - only partially successful. I still have to get in touch with Todd. Unfortunately, I seem to have suddenly developed a social life and will be busy for lunch and dinner.
Anyway, here goes.

Edit: BTW - while cleaning I found a small metal clip that fell off somewhere!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
You could fix Elvis so he's not so fat and jiggly.:D
Sorry, just jokin'. I took much better pics but they didn't turn out (friend's camera). This guy was really a hoot.

On a more serious note - if time is not that crucial and Todd is willing, I am more than willing to cruise to Todd's for him to take some good pics with professional equipment. It's been a while and I wouldn't mind visiting before winter sets in. (No, I didn't say that)

Out for the night again............later.

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks. After some consideration, I am concluding that the Elise does not work for this shot. The aluminum box, while it looks cool, makes the pedals become less distinct from the background.

I think a car with a darker background and light colored pedals will work better. Thanks anyway. Glad you found the metal bit and cleaned your pedals. :)

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Just FYI... the shot is being used in some magazine ads for ChaseCam. The tagline is:

THIS IS OUR RECORD BUTTON

Since our recorders operate off of G-forces to start and stop recording. We thought the text next to a shot of the pedal would work.

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
Thanks, Randy. I was wondering about that. Thanks for the chance anyway!
Now if there are any woman that want a chance at these feet..............

1 - 20 of 37 Posts