The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
3,664 Posts
Hardtop with air scoop, fastback, rear wing (hopefully functional), front splitter, different (better?) side air intakes, black "many spoke" (lightweight?) wheels. Hopefully they surprise us by announcing that it has 300HP and weighs the same as or less than the Elise ;)

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
MikeAR303 said:
Hopefully they surprise us by announcing that it has 300HP and weighs the same as or less than the Elise ;)
I would guess that the rear wing would have to be functional to offset the front splitters downforce, but then that would also increase drag, thereby offsetting the cd gains that the hardtop affords. If the power does'nt increase, I can't see how the Exige would be faster than the LSS/Sport pack equipped Elise on any but higher speed tracks.

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Standard equipment on the S2 Exige:

190PS VVTL-I Toyota Engine
6-speed Manual Gearbox
Black 16-Spoke Lightweight Alloy Wheels
Yokohama A048 Tyres
Servo Assisted Brakes with ABS
Cross-Drilled Brake Discs
Sport Suspension
Central Locking
Black Front Splitter and Rear Wing
Black Rear Diffuser, Exhausts & Side Air Intakes
Interior in Half Leather
Floor - Black Carpet Mats
Auxiliary Driving Lamps
Blaupunkt 4 Speaker Radio Fitting Kit
Blaupunkt Lausanne Radio CD Head Unit
Category 1 Alarm/Immobiliser

Options:
Touring Pack to Include:
Carpet Set with Aluminium Passenger Footrest
Alcantara Interior & Black Centre Console
Electric Windows
Interior Stowage Net
Sunvisors
Blaupunkt Woodstock DAB Radio & MP3 Player

Performance Pack to Include:
Alcantara / Carbon Effect Race Seats with Logo
4-Point Harnesses
Cross-bar
Carbon Effect Door Inserts

Metallic Paint Finish
Extreme Paint Finish
Teflon Paint Protection
Twin Racing Stripes
Air Conditioning
Tracker - 24 hour Monitor
Tracker - Horizon

Link: www.strattonmotorcompany.com

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
zvezdah1 said:
MItch,
Why'd they pick Nice for the launch of the Exige?
Chris
Good Question, I have no idea. My only guess is that Nice has a warmer climate compared to the rest of Europe this time of year.

Let us all pray that Lotus brings us the new Exige next year with more power. I will go to bed dreaming of this tonight:D

Best Wishes,
Mitch

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
so if I add the wheels/tires/susp, splitter and spoiler I am not that far from a targa exige am I???

·
Registered
5,250 Posts
ivan1,
I like your avatar... but shouldn't the caption be...
"We'll ship the Elise to New Hampshire, to Montana, to Florida, to Texas, to Washington, to Oregon, to New York and then to Washington DC... Yeeeehaaa!!!!"

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
JD - If they keep with the S1 Exige, the rear wing will not effect drag due to the better aero properties of the roof and fastback shape.

The wing adds downforce while not increasing drag.

I might be biased, but I always that the S1 Exige was great looking. It looks like a really pissed off S1 Elise to me!

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
khamai said:
ivan1,
I like your avatar... but shouldn't the caption be...
"We'll ship the Elise to New Hampshire, to Montana, to Florida, to Texas, to Washington, to Oregon, to New York and then to Washington DC... Yeeeehaaa!!!!"

As long as NY comes first:)

·
Supporting Vendor
4,199 Posts
The S1 Exige definately looks more aggressive than the S2 Exige. Maybe the fully butch look comes with the rumoured 300hp Exige?

I'd happily take either...

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
MW - Yep, that's my Exige.

Another shot for you.....

I've said before I really have a hard time with Lotus naming the S2 Exige anything other than an Elise coupe. The Exige was built as the road-going version of the Motorsport Elise. They should reserve the name "Exige" for cars in that spirit. The S1 Exige was a radical departure from the S1 Elise. The S2 Exige looks like an S2 Elise with a top and a wing. What is so different between an Elise with hardtop and the LSS from an Exige?

I'd probably buy the Elise over the Exige - that way I can take the top off.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts