The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Disingenuous Minion
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ron gave me a pretty good deal on E36 M3 bolts at South Bay BMW in Torrance: $3.40 ea vs $8.50 list. Still about double buying on line, but at least I know they are to BMW spec.

As you can see in the photo they are the same length and cone shape as stock. Drove to work on them and the wheels didn't fall off, so that's good.

EDIT: I measured these with some calipers and both are 11.75mm in diameter. No decernable difference in the critical characteristics.

Attachments

·
shay2nak
25,133 Posts
are they the same diameter? BMW bolt looks slightly narrower?

·
Disingenuous Minion
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I brought them to work to measure. They seem to be the same when holding them, and the BMW bolt threads in to the hub in seemingly the same way as the Lotus one.

Will report measurements in a few minutes.

·
Registered
9,294 Posts
I don't see your CC number on that invoice :shrug:. Can you post the invoice with it on there? :D

Hopefully these will not give you any troubles like your recent adventure, but I'd still keep the air tools away from the monkey putting on your wheels next time. Tell him he can use it when taking them off, but not putting them on...

·
Not the admin anymore
11,953 Posts
:eek: What percentage sales tax are you paying there??? :eek:

·
Disingenuous Minion
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Measurements

BMW diameter: 11.75 mm
Lotus diameter: 11.75 mm

Can't see any difference to the important parts at all. No air tools will touch these bolts!

·
Disingenuous Minion
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
BTW: the important CC number is roughly $0.00 as a result of 8.25% sales tax rising to 9.25% Wednesday!!!

Welcome to LALA, part of sunny California.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts