The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This past weekend there was an All British Field Meet in WA. A number of lotustalk members were there, as well as hundreds of other car owners and enthusiasts. I walked over and took some photos which I put up on photosleeve.
The 20th Annual All British Field Meet is Western Washington's largest British car show and swap meet. Held on the scenic grounds of Bellevue Community College. In addition to our display of cars by Marque There will be a special salute to Jaguar Cars.
The show offers something for everyone, with over 600 entrants, from daily drivers to complete restorations. There are trophies given in 60 classes, plus Best of Show Award. There is a very large Swap Meet and Car for Sale area.
link for abfm here: Western Washington All British Field Meet

104 pictures posted up here on photosleeve

Here's some sample shots:

That's a TVR behind me. His plate: "A TVR". =)

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
First time I've missed it in years. My clutch is all f'd up and I sat home instead. I'm kicking myself now.
Sorry to hear that, was quite a turnout. New Lotus turnout was low, only a single 05 Elise, but there was plenty of older models, an elite, an eclat, 1970 Elan, a couple Esprit's including the JPS Esprit, 4-5 Europas, 3 sevens, the S1 Eilse, a couple DeLoreans (which have some lotus in them). PP also had an Exige S240 on display with their Aston Martins.

Turning to the rest of the field and there was a *lot* of Minis there, more old minis than the new version which was nice to see. I used to have a Triumph Spitfire so I was pleased to see all the Triumphs. Lots of Jags, Land Rovers. A lot of older cooler stuff too, Sunbeam Tiger, Rolls Royce, etc. Oh and a pair of Ariel Atoms which had a crowd of onlookers.

I spent most of the show running around after my 2yr old son. =)

Saw a couple familiar faces from the weekly Saturday Morning meet in Bellevue for coffee on Main St. Believe Brian's 3 wheel Morgan won an award.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Didn't see a JPS Esprit in the photos; the black Esprit belongs to my friend, Chuck, and the green '05 Elise is Mark from Club Lotus Northwest in Portland.

The black Elise with the gold trim looks great!

At the last moment I couldn't make it - my mechanic is still fighting carburetor issues.

Nice photos!

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Didn't see a JPS Esprit in the photos; the black Esprit belongs to my friend, Chuck, and the green '05 Elise is Mark from Club Lotus Northwest in Portland.

The black Elise with the gold trim looks great!

At the last moment I couldn't make it - my mechanic is still fighting carburetor issues.

Nice photos!
Thanks, the JPS Esprit I was referring to *is* Chuck's, the black/gold hood emblem is a give away. I picked up some shots of his car with mine at the gathering at Greg Whitten's garage earlier in the year. His car is beautiful.

I managed to meet him later at Park Place. Nice gentleman, hope to meet him again.

·
Registered
161 Posts
You must have got there early and left early. I was there from 10 am to 4 pm with my 06 Chili Red and parked beside Mark's green one and never saw your car. :shrug:

Sorry to hear that, was quite a turnout. New Lotus turnout was low, only a single 05 Elise, but there was plenty of older models, an elite, an eclat, 1970 Elan, a couple Esprit's including the JPS Esprit, 4-5 Europas, 3 sevens, the S1 Eilse, a couple DeLoreans (which have some lotus in them). PP also had an Exige S240 on display with their Aston Martins.

Turning to the rest of the field and there was a *lot* of Minis there, more old minis than the new version which was nice to see. I used to have a Triumph Spitfire so I was pleased to see all the Triumphs. Lots of Jags, Land Rovers. A lot of older cooler stuff too, Sunbeam Tiger, Rolls Royce, etc. Oh and a pair of Ariel Atoms which had a crowd of onlookers.

I spent most of the show running around after my 2yr old son. =)

Saw a couple familiar faces from the weekly Saturday Morning meet in Bellevue for coffee on Main St. Believe Brian's 3 wheel Morgan won an award.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You must have got there early and left early. I was there from 10 am to 4 pm with my 06 Chili Red and parked beside Mark's green one and never saw your car. :shrug:
Or I forgot you were there. =( I walked through in the middle of the day with my son. I came back later after the event was over with my car.

You can see your car here, on the right:

·
Registered
4,985 Posts
Thanks, the JPS Esprit I was referring to *is* Chuck's, the black/gold hood emblem is a give away.
Chuck's car, as nice as it is, is not a JPS edition. It's just black with gold accents. He'd be the first to tell you.

·
Registered
317 Posts
What cars are these?:
I REALLY like the look of them.
Specifically they appear to both be Austin Healey 100M BN2 cars from either 1955 or 1956. The louvered hood and strap are tell tale signs. The front one is finished in Healey Blue, which IMO is the best color for a 100. The rear car is finished with the cove painted a contrasting color which you see a lot with big Healeys. These cars were powered by an Austin A90 four banger derived from a tractor motor. Donald Healey is an interesting character in British automotive history, not unlike Colin Chapman.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Later 100's had a 6. Hence the designation, 100-6. From there they became the 3000 with three marks, 1, 2, and 3. Last year was 67.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Later 100's had a 6. Hence the designation, 100-6. From there they became the 3000 with three marks, 1, 2, and 3. Last year was 67.
Aside from a single 3000 produced in 1968, you're right. Here's some trivia. After the 3000, Donald Healey worked on another project, the Jensen Healey. Where did the engines for these cars come from?

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Chuck's car, as nice as it is, is not a JPS edition. It's just black with gold accents. He'd be the first to tell you.
That might be my bad, I wasn't trying to say it was the championship limited edition, just that it was a jps coloured esprit, which would be black with gold accents, especially telling, as opposed to just a black esprit, is the black/gold emblem. =)

Here's a pic of the championship limited edition, note the wheels, Chuck's are a lot nicer:

Attachments

·
Registered
4,985 Posts
Jensen Healy's had the Lotus 907 engine from the second gen Elite/Eclat/Excel.
Indeed. In fact, the Jensen Healey was the launch customer for the engine. Chapman used that deal to work out the bugs before installing the motor into any Lotus models. Much to the dismay of the guinea pigs that bought one.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts