The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Had a great day at Scottsdale Lotus today. The demo car was left in the back parking lot and I had about an hour to check out the Elise. It will be in Scottsdale Lotus for about 30 days.

First photo: Scottsdale Lotus has several very nice exotic cars, including 3 Diablos, a few Ferraris, and two Esprit.

This is a photo comparing the side view of the Elise and the Modena. The Elise holds up very nicely!

BTW, here is a link to Scottsdale Lotus' website. Mark is the sales professional I've been dealing with:

http://www.lotusofscottsdale.com/

Attachments

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Okay. Now for the important stuff. This is a image with a 2002 Volvo S60. The Volvo's height, according to Edmunds, is 56.2 inches. I think the average car is around 50 to 53 inches. The Elise is a bit over 45 inches.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Looks like the Volvo and Mercedes are about the same height. Funny, I never noticed car's heights until my interest with the Elise.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
This is from the Volvo's driver's seat. I manuvered around the Elise (moving from back to side to front) and the Elise never really looked freakishly small. If it was very close behind me, it would be harder to see.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Here are the interior pics. The leather was a nice touch. The interior looked spartan but still elegant.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm a little guy (5' 6") so I actually had to scoot the seat forward a bit. Getting in and out wasn't really that difficult (and the tops on). :)

Attachments

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
And here's a shot from the passenger's side. I believe there are six air vents on top of the the dashboard and four facing the driver/passenger.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Overall, I was pretty happy with the quality of the car. I wasn't expecting a Lexus. Seats were very supportive.

The Elise's exterior has an agressive yet so-cute-I-can-put-it-in-my-pocket look to it.

Power windows or manual. It's not a big deal, since the windows are so small, one rotation and it's already half way down.

The lights are not xenon. I ran out of films so I didn't get any shots with the lights on.

The steering wheel is very small. I'll have to remember than next time I'm in handcuffs! :)

sigh. Eight more months. :(

Attachments

·
Registered
5,158 Posts
Thanks Allan, I enjoyed the pictures. Did you by chance take the Elise for a spin? Concerning the size of the car, I remember that my dealer could drive the car on the wide sidwalk in front of their buidling in order to bring the car into the showroom through the front.

PS: I am one of the few crazy people on Earth who believes the 360 Modena is too bulky compared to the 355. As Jeremy Clarkson describes, "it looks like the dinner of a dog". I wouldn't go quite so far as to say that however.

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Vantage said:
Thanks Allan, I enjoyed the pictures. Did you by chance take the Elise for a spin.
Unfortunately, I did not. The dealer mentioned it was the Euro engine anyway.

BTW, it interior has a very strong sent of leather. If you love the smell of leather, your olefactory will be in heaven.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Here's hoping they paint the black plastic (radiator and inlet vents, engine cover etc) to the body colour. They did it on the 135R and it transforms the look of certain colours (eg. blue)

Craigy

1 - 19 of 19 Posts