The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Photos of the Racing Green Fed. Elise Hi-Res

Okay, I'm going to be checking out the BRG Fed. Elise at Dimmitt this weekend. I have a 6+mp Digital Rebel that I'm going to use for photos. I know there are already a lot of photos of the Fed. Elise, but are there any requests for photos to take this weekend? The car will be outside, suppose to be sunny and nice.

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
yeah, can you "borrow" the car, take it to a local paint shop and spray stripes on it, then take the photo :D

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
tidalwdave said:
Okay, I'm going to be checking out the BRG Fed. Elise this weekend. I have a 6+mp Digital Rebel that I'm going to use for photos. I know there are already a lot of photos of the Fed. Elise, but are there any requests for photos to take this weekend? The car will be outside, suppose to be sunny and nice.
I'd like to see the ride height adjustment mechanism, if at all possible. Other than that, just some glamour shots of the BRG color. :)

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Thank you. Thank you. Thank you in advance. My only request would be to get all the diffrent exterior angles within the whole frame of the shot (front, sides, back, 3/4 front and back).

·
Registered
84 Posts
Take lots of pictures! I don't have any specific angle requests, but I'd love to see what it looks like in daylight; I've only seen it under the harsh show lighting in LA.

Oh, and one other thing- (not directed just at you); this color is Racing Green, and most definitely NOT "British Racing Green". Subjectively speaking, "real" British Racing Green is flat, not metallic, and has more blue; this Racing Green appears to be much more towards emerald, and extremely metallic. We've fallen into the habit of calling this Elise color BRG, but it isn't- it's just RG.

But I like it anyway! Looks great with Biscuit, which is what the show car has.

If you're tall, and you sit in it, let me know if you can read the top part of the gauges through the tiny steering wheel- it was kind of marginal for me. (6'2")

Have fun! :D

-Knute

·
Registered
431 Posts
Evl, I looked at the top spring perch on the red car, specifically trying to figure out what was involved with changing the ride height. The problem is that the upper spring perch seems to be covering what you need to see so it was hard to tell how it works.

If you could take a pic showing the view you get from the driver's seat looking forward, that would be great! Also, one thing I really wanted to check but forgot was the number turns lock to lock for the steering.
Anything you could provide would be great...

·
Registered
36 Posts
Picture Please

If you could find the time to take a shot of under the car that would be great. I'm interested in what teh under tray and diffuser look like from under the car. Not that you can jack it up, but I have yet to seethis in any picture yet. Thanks:D

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Knute said:

Oh, and one other thing- (not directed just at you); this color is Racing Green, and most definitely NOT "British Racing Green". Subjectively speaking, "real" British Racing Green is flat, not metallic, and has more blue; this Racing Green appears to be much more towards emerald, and extremely metallic. We've fallen into the habit of calling this Elise color BRG, but it isn't- it's just RG.

If you're tall, and you sit in it, let me know if you can read the top part of the gauges through the tiny steering wheel- it was kind of marginal for me. (6'2")

Have fun! :D

-Knute
Yeah, it is a habit of say BRG. :eek: You are right, just Racing Green. :)

I'm only just over 5'10'', so me looking at the gauges won't be the same as you. I can stand up four inches and see I guess. :confused:

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Re: Picture Please

boomboom said:
If you could find the time to take a shot of under the car that would be great. I'm interested in what teh under tray and diffuser look like from under the car. Not that you can jack it up, but I have yet to seethis in any picture yet. Thanks:D
Actually Dimmitt said they would trailer it out to a location for me if I don't get the shots I want on Sunday. If it's on a trailer and I do a photo shoot on Monday, I can get some shots like that. Otherwise, I think it'll be parked on some grass on Sunday when I go for the first shoot. I'll do what I can though.

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
Not a picture request (unless they have a Chrome Orange one), but an audio request.

How loud is the horn. I have a feeling a loud horn is going to be a necessity on the Elise.

Tim Mullen

·
Registered
75 Posts
If you could find the time to take a shot of under the car that would be great. I'm interested in what teh under tray and diffuser look like from under the car. Not that you can jack it up, but I have yet to seethis in any picture yet. Thanks
There aren't that many great photos of the under tray looks like, but I can tell you what it looks like. It's flat and it's grey. ;)

Here's a picture of the rear undertray on a non-federal elise. Imagine some tail pipes sticking out:

·
Registered
143 Posts
Somewhat silly request

Forgive me, but I'm still paranoid about size, particularly, my size, vs. the Liz. :)

How about bringing a tape measure, and showing the following:

How tall is the seat back? (How long is it from where my butt goes to the top of the seat)

How tall is the windshield? (How long is it from the floor bottom to the top of the windshield?)

How long is it from the peadal positions to the place where my butt goes (leg room)?

How wide is the interior of the car, doors closed, and how wide is it on the drivers side from the inside of the door to the shifter location?

Oh, and some good pics of the "Sun Visors" that are a fed. regulation, in both "raised" and "lowered" positions, would be interesting as well. Especially to see if they have that annoying "Air Bag Warning" sticker on them. Man that thing sucks on most cars. Hideous yellow and red garbage.

Steve

·
Registered
249 Posts
How about a rear view. Want to make sure I can see everyone's expressions clear enough as they are passed!

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
Re: Somewhat silly request

slacy said:
Forgive me, but I'm still paranoid about size, particularly, my size, vs. the Liz. :)

How about bringing a tape measure, and showing the following:

How tall is the seat back? (How long is it from where my butt goes to the top of the seat)

How tall is the windshield? (How long is it from the floor bottom to the top of the windshield?)

How long is it from the peadal positions to the place where my butt goes (leg room)?

How wide is the interior of the car, doors closed, and how wide is it on the drivers side from the inside of the door to the shifter location?
Anyone else see that show "Airline" about Southwest? This reminds me of the one where they made the guy buy two seats:D

Does anyone know if you can pull the seats out and the center divider and just put one big seat and then put the gas peddle on the far right? I guess someone of size could then have the gearshift between their legs.

Will that work? Is Lotus going to offer it as a factory option?:D

·
Registered
394 Posts
BraFish said:
There aren't that many great photos of the under tray looks like, but I can tell you what it looks like. It's flat and it's grey. ;)

Here's a picture of the rear undertray on a non-federal elise. Imagine some tail pipes sticking out:

I took some pics of the indersection of the fed elise, search for the thread with my name and star motors.

Adam P

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
After looking at my post I think it looks a bit harsh and I was not meant that way.:eek:

If you think you may not fit in an Elise I would suggest you try one on for size before making a non-refundable deposit.:)

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
GMorel1916 said:
Any exterior specs would be great. I'm ordering BRG and haven't seen any good pics of the fed Elise in BRG.
I hope to get some good photos on Sunday. I'm waiting a response to see if the seperate photo shoot can be set up on Monday. If that works, I'll do as many requests in this thread as possible. If the special photo shoot doesn't work, I'll do what I can on Sunday.

1 - 20 of 103 Posts