The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you're like me then by now you've seen pretty much every single Emira photograph the internet has to offer (for my money @tfjj on Instagram has the best shots to date), and you've also sucked all possible nectar out of Lotus' online Emira configurator.

So, while we all sit around waiting for more Emira news and media to hit the 'tubes, I've Photoshopped the Emira out and about, "in the wild", doing normal car things. I'm surprised how well some of these turned out! (I knew those thousands of car photos I've collected over the years would come in handy some day 馃槃)

It's exciting to finally see the Emira "in real life", so to speak. Hopefully these photos help others to pass the time while we all patiently wait for spring 2022... Only 10-ish more months! (馃)

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Nice! If I send you a shot of the inside of my garage can you PS an Emira in it? :)
Theoretically yes, but it depends entirely on the "background" photo to make the end result to look convincing (this is where me having thousands of car photos on my hard drive came in handy 馃檪).

I tell you what. I'll give you a "best-effort" (read: low effort 馃槅) rendering where I simply drag and drop one of the above yellow Emira "poses" overtop of your empty garage. But it'll be your job to:
  • pick which photo you want to mimic (the gas station one would probably work best)
  • stand the exact same distance back from the "car"
  • hold your camera at the exact same height
  • point your camera slightly downward at the exact same angle
  • use the same zoom level ("normal" wide-angle, the default on any phone should work)
  • make sure there is adequate, bright, natural lighting in your garage so that it looks convincing
You can even take 5 or 10 shots where you stand 1 foot to the left or 1 foot to the right, etc. and I'll just use the best one!

Premium Member
I see ever more grown up Elise in it which is a VERY good family thing. Good to know my track days will be spent enjoying one of these someday.

Reactions: XHILR8N! and eriegz

Registered
2017 Evora 400
I have a request! Can you do an Emira in Ardent Red, black pack, and bronze/gold wheel?

aTdHvAaNnKcSe !!!

Registered
Well done!! That photo with the car in front of the Shelby gets me excited for the cars and coffees with this car

Reactions: eriegz

Registered
Even if you hadn't told us, it's easy to spot they are faux pix...nobody in their right mind would parallel park a Lotus on a curb like that!

• Haha

Registered
Well done. I especially like the one at the gas station. I didn't expect it. I think it's funny. Also, likely to be the way many people get to look at the car.

Registered
1994 Supra TT 6 speed MKIV
(y)Haha well done! It looks good in the wild.

Registered
2008 Exige S240
Great way to try and give everyone a perspective on how it will look in everyday circumstances! It definitely beats looking at the car in the plain configurator!

Registered
Yes, wouldn't it be nice if after you built your car on the Lotus website images could be viewed in backgrounds such as these on the configurator.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts