The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, figured this is a good way to introduce my lurker ass to lotustalk. I've been a big fan of lotus's for a long time, and ive seen some amazing cars on this forum.

My name is Spencer and I'm from San Diego, CA. I love cars and photography, it's my passion.

Hope you guys enjoy these pics!
p.s. Sorry about the front plate.

The rest are here!

Jakes' WRX Photoshoot - a set on Flickr

BTW, Spencerberke.net will be up at the end of the month :)
It's going under some construction with a new design.

·
Super Moderator
6,819 Posts
Pics look great, but your banner is a tad overwhelming. Does it have to be that large?

·
Registered
693 Posts
Need to work on your "rolling" shots. Reduce your tag and the rest look good.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Yeah, less invasive watermark would do a lot in favor of the car. I'd also look for some more interesting locations. The park is a park, and parking garages are cliche unless you're playing with some really out-of-the-ordinary lighting.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
I disagree. It's clever and (somewhat) edgy, so probably perfect for his target market.

These guys would like it too: Igor | Creating Company Names Product Names Company Naming Guide
Fair enough. For a person like me, I have a disdain for intentional misspellings. They all sound juvenile. I guess if juvenile is the audience, then great. To me, it is the kind of name I would see in SuperStreet, which I also think is juvenile.

·
Super Moderator
6,819 Posts
^ Did you notice that his name is "Spencer"? That made the misspelling work for me, and was the clever part. But yeah, generally it's not a good idea.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
I got it. That is too much information if you did not already know that. Why not just Spencer Berke Photography? I think people remember the pictures, not the name. In fact, I think having a comprehensible name is more important when taking pictures. Trying to explain witty marketing loses. It's like trying to explain a joke. It is just not funny anymore if you have to.

Disclaimer: I am not a photographer nor am I looking to hire one.

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
I have to agree with Murix. I think it is rather corny when photographers try and come up with some "catchy" name for their business, I usually don't take them seriously and quite often their work reflects it.

IMO It is much classier to brand yourself under your given name as it is your reputation and your vision that you are selling

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
^ Did you notice that his name is "Spencer"? That made the misspelling work for me, and was the clever part. But yeah, generally it's not a good idea.
Yep, it's exactly why I spell Suspence with a C. People always ask me and they appreciate I take that risk for my business. It makes me different in the industry and that's what I want.

I'm only 16 and I still have a lot to learn but I try my best when I do photoshoots. I've been running my business for about 3 years now and I'm finally getting around to getting my good gear that I need to succeed and be a automotive photographer. This is one of the lowest class cars I've ever shot.

I usually only shoot Lamborghini's and Porsches... heres a few I shot in the past.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Your photos suck. Car photography is very competitive. You need a lot more practice and/or instruction.

Good photographers shoot cheap and expensive cars.

What kind of camera are you using?

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
I have to agree with Murix. I think it is rather corny when photographers try and come up with some "catchy" name for their business, I usually don't take them seriously and quite often their work reflects it.
I don't really have a preference regarding a company's name, I would base my opinion solely on the work, although you have to agree autofocus is a pretty clever name for a car photography set. I saw it a while back and wondered why I didn't think of it...

smash - I know everyone's a critic, but your commentary is downright disrespectful.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts