The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can someone please change the color of the LSS wheels to flat black for me. i, and i'm sure many others from the COM will really appreciate your help. if not, you'll be recieving a fish wrapped in newspaper at your front door!:D j/k!!

Attachments

·
Registered
394 Posts
shay2nak said:
and with a black diffuser... I added a bit of yellow on the center cap of the rear wheel.
That is what my elise is going to look like! I plan to powder coat the wheels and the rear diffuser within a month of delivery! I can not wait!

Adamp

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
oh yeah!!

i plan to powder coat them in less than 100 miles of ownership! maybe even less!!!:D j/k!(but i really am going to do it in less than 100 miles, only takes my powder coater about 7 hours to do it)

·
shay2nak
24,910 Posts
I also plan on blackening my LSS rims & diffuser. I think my dealer said that these would be an option later in the year. I think we need to push Lotus for them, though.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
your the man shay2nak!

thanks soo much for your speedy help! those pictures look soo damn good! and to think i was gonna give up my #10 spot, boy would i have gone apesh!t if i saw someone else driving a chrome orange elise with black wheels! to all other COM, black wheels look ugly so you shouldn't paint them black.:D

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Thanks - thats the car. So what do you think it runs $$$ to powdercoat 4 wheels and the rear diffuser - how is it for durability?

·
shay2nak
24,910 Posts
originally posted by Donovan
Thanks - thats the car. So what do you think it runs $$$ to powdercoat 4 wheels and the rear diffuser - how is it for durability?
Hi Donovan,

I'm not sure, my guess is $500. Durability is definitely important, I'm not sure about that either. If they are painted using the same processes as the body panels, then I think the durability should be excellent.

Ara

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
the guy i have powdercoat my wheels charges me $40 a wheel. then jesse james the bike fabricator starts getting all his stuff done at this place and now he wants to charge me fifty a wheel. i still get it done for forty, but i'm going to have to haggle him again. he only takes about 6-7 hours to have them finished in satin black. so i get my car up on jack-stands, go dismount the tires, he has them from 8 am to about 1-3 pm, then i get them back on my car.

if you get it done properly, it t's very durable. i've been powdercoating my wheels black for about 7 years, and never had i problem from wear and tear. the finish on my 7 year old wheels look as shiney as the day i got them.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
thanks - I just saw the post on the white Elise - that is the color I would get if I could. Can't believe they didn't make it an option...I wonder if it is possible to get it anyways. From a post a long time ago someone mentioned that Lotus would paint it any color you want if you shell out the $$$.

Just for fun, can you put black wheels on this one?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Can you put photoshop some black wheels on it?

And do an ardent red as a request from my brother.

Thanks - really appreciate it!

1 - 20 of 69 Posts