The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
repainting

Half hour work with mediocre results. Maybe someone can do better. Maybe...? I'm sure someone can do better. However, since this is the first try, you'll have to use your minds eye.
As I think about it, it would probably be better to put racing stripes on a pic of a storm titanium and paste the wheels of the HMR on it.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Here's my hack-job, sorry, I'm tired. I think it looks good though, nice combo. If you want me to do a better quality one or another angle, just ask. For some reason I lost the quality on the changed surfaces...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Thanks. It is a very simple procedure done in Adobe Photoshop. If you have the program, I can explain it very simply if you'd like.

You select ever area where there is paint. There are many tools avaliable for this, but the automated ones just don't cut it for me, so I do it using the Polygonal lasso, adding and removing bits with the shift and alt key. Once you have it all selected, hit Image>Adjust>Hue/Satiration (select colourize) and fiddle around with the Hue and Sat. Avoid changing up the Brightness at the start. Once you're satisfied, go Image>Adjust>Brightness/Contrast. For Stormy, I needed to add a TON of contrast. Maybe 50pts. Deselect and share with the EliseTalk community.

Here's the second one. I selected all of the CO, changed it to a teal, then pulled the saturation down <10. That gave me this primer grey. Boost the contrast and all of the sudden the reflections and shadows are punched out. Deselect and share.

Attachments

·
Registered
157 Posts
Am I missing something here? Why are we attempting to photoshop a CO into storm titanium, when there are dozens of beutiful pics or ST in person?!? What's the point:confused:

·
Registered
35 Posts
I am not getting the stripes????
If you want stripes get a cobra kit car.... The only thing I can think of that look like they belong...

my.03

·
Registered
5,419 Posts
Yeah I'm on the fence about the stripes. I have it on my Miata and it looked awesome. The Miata however is very plan and simple compared to the complex Lotus curves and various vents. It might be to much considering how small the Elise is and how busy it looks already.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
HOCKYDOC said:
Am I missing something here? Why are we attempting to photoshop a CO into storm titanium, when there are dozens of beutiful pics or ST in person?!? What's the point:confused:
The CO elise has the same stripes and rims I am considering.

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
Midlife said:
I am not getting the stripes????
If you want stripes get a cobra kit car.... The only thing I can think of that look like they belong...

my.03
alert the type 25 owners. they must remove their stripes!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts