The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Stealthy Blackmobile
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
PIC REQUEST: Matte Black Toybox48 Hethel on Black Exige

Hi all, recently I'm REALLY feeling those Toybox48 wheels in Matte Black!!

But I haven't seen anybody on the forum or any pics online with these wheels in gloss black on a black Exige!! Anybody have a pic to share? Or possibly a photoshop? Black on black would be so awesome HEHE!! Thanks and pls reply shortly! :)

·
shay2nak
25,083 Posts
FYI, the black toybox are matte not gloss black (like the RACs).

·
Registered
339 Posts
Black on a matte black Exige here.

Cheers.

·
Registered
2,867 Posts

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Theyre the Lotus Cup 260 wheels i believe.

Here are some more shots of Toybox48s, although most not black on black...

·
Stealthy Blackmobile
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Theyre the Lotus Cup 260 wheels i believe.

Here are some more shots of Toybox48s, although most not black on black...
Am i seeing things or Does the red and pink one have a widebody??

I want that dish on that red one!!!

·
shay2nak
25,083 Posts
black, blue, white, red, pink all are widebody.

·
Stealthy Blackmobile
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
black, blue, white, red, pink all are widebody.
thanks shay! Do u have these wheels? I really want these wheels! On OEM Exige suspension, what are the widest size I can get for the rears without rubbing???? Do the 17x9 rub? I actually just want the dish to be as wide and visible as they can be, I don't really care about performance lol...

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
shay2nak
25,083 Posts
thanks shay! Do u have these wheels? I really want these wheels! On OEM Exige suspension, what are the widest size I can get for the rears without rubbing???? Do the 17x9 rub? I actually just want the dish to be as wide and visible as they can be, I don't really care about performance lol...

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
I only have one front and one rear. Never mounted them on the car. They make 8", 8.5", 9" and 10" width rears, but the 9" and 10" are supposedly for the widebodied cars.

You can check the Toybox group buy thread.
http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f91/gauging-interest-group-buy-toybox-48-wheels-190218/

The lip on the 17x8" are the largest for any Lotus wheel I've seen. At least 2" maybe 3". I can measure tomorrow if you want.

·
Stealthy Blackmobile
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I only have one front and one rear. Never mounted them on the car. They make 8", 8.5", 9" and 10" width rears, but the 9" and 10" are supposedly for the widebodied cars.

You can check the Toybox group buy thread.

The lip on the 17x8" are the largest for any Lotus wheel I've seen. At least 2" maybe 3". I can measure tomorrow if you want.
Thanks shay, no need to trouble you, suppose the groupbuy is closed I think.

So if not on a widebody car do u think 8.5" rears will rub? Also, so what you're saying is, the lip on the 8" or 8.5" of even 9" rears, are all the same????

·
shay2nak
25,083 Posts
I doubt the 8.5" will rub, it depends on the offset.

Yes, the lip should be wider as the wheel gets wider. You can sort of see it on the widebodied cars vs the standard cars.

·
Stealthy Blackmobile
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I doubt the 8.5" will rub, it depends on the offset.

Yes, the lip should be wider as the wheel gets wider. You can sort of see it on the widebodied cars vs the standard cars.
So what you're saying is, on original ride height, 8.5" will not rub, but 9" will definitely rub, given the fact the offset is correct....yes?

·
shay2nak
25,083 Posts
Sector 111 sells their own 9x17 wheel. You can check to see what offset they're using and match that with the Toybox, but the guy who bought his Toybox set in the group buy thread bought his in 17x8 because they told him the larger widths are for the widebodies. You can't go wider than a 245 tire and 9" wheel would be a waste IMO. I have RAC monolites 17x8 using a 245 and that is just fine. I guess 8.5 would be fine and I'd like to try it, but again it's all in the offset. You just have to calculate how it will fit based on the stock wheel as a guide and other aftermarket wheels.

·
Registered
415 Posts
The first few pics appear to be 17/18" wheels also.

I just went through the ordeal of trying to calculate the clearance offset for my new wheels. I wanted wider, but everyone seems to indicate that 17x9 rubs on he Toyota cars and no one seemed to have info about wider wheels on a rover car.

I believe the rover cars possibly have more space in the rear due to the different subframe. After lots of measuring, I managed to squeeze 17x9 on with no rubbing issues at all (and my car is pretty low). I looked at the toybox wheels, but seems the offsets available in the wider wheels are only suitable for widebody.

Here is a comparison showing where the standard Oz racing wheels sit vs the new 17x9.

If you calculated the perfect offset, you may be able to fit the 17x9 set on with 245 tyres. I don't believe toybox sell the 9" wheels in the offset required though.

·
Stealthy Blackmobile
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Actually,

What is the biggest 16" front and 17" rear sizes of these Toybox wheels I can get with the DEEPEST dish/lip without no rubbing issues on stock Exige S suspension??? I want the full black one with an outrageous dish/lip lol....advice? Thx in advance :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts