Votes: 7 21.9%
  • Bordeaux Red Pearl

Votes: 1 3.1%
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Assuming the new LotusUSA website is correct, which color would you get? We seem to have 9 choices. Noticeably absent was my previous choice of Quartz and the oranges, light green and blue, the darker yellow. I will try to find real pics of the cars in these colors.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Given these new color choices, I think I would prefer the yellow... I think I am going to have to see them first though...

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
My '65 Elan was red, so I can't do that again.

I really like BRG, but only if it's got little to no metallic, I don't care for heavy metallic greens.

The pictures that showed up here recently of the Silver car looked really great, and I like the idea of the Silver body with all of the exposed aluminium inside the cockpit.

http://212.223.61.18/colors/colors2_e.htm

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Robert Puertas said:
My '65 Elan was red, so I can't do that again.

I really like BRG, but only if it's got little to no metallic, I don't care for heavy metallic greens.

The pictures that showed up here recently of the Silver car looked really great, and I like the idea of the Silver body with all of the exposed aluminium inside the cockpit. This theory applies to the Gunmetal color also.

http://212.223.61.18/colors/colors2_e.htm

·
Registered
48 Posts
If the images are a good representation then I want the Saffron Yellow with Arctic Silver running a close second :D

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
From the web designer on roadfly-

I don't know if they are confirmed 100%, but these are the colors (and color names) Arnie told me to put on the site as of this week. I think there may be more added later on but don't quote me on it.

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
Which color will you pick?

Which color will you choose when you order your car? I'm assuming the color selection will be limited to what Lotus has put on their American web page.

[Edit] There was a website with real-life photos of each of these colors. I will try to find it and post the URL ASAP[/Edit]

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Merged threads/polls

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
Im not digging those black seats, I like the alacantra ( in red at least) better. Those seats remind me of the cheap nascar style seats they sell in Summit catalogs. I know they're not...but they look sort of like them and everytime i see them I think that. :(

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Agreed.

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
HI Guys,
I've seen quite a bit posted on the UK sites over the last several months with complaints of the alcantara not holding up well with UV exposure.

I't my plan to put an exige seat on the drivers side if major mods not required. It's got higher bolsters and is of fabric on a carbon fibre frame.
Chris "who spends way too much time cruising the elise boards" Smith

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
I'm really torn between the black and the yellow at this point. There are lots of good reasons why black is probably not a good choice, but I like it anyway. Yellow is a strong second for me, though. I hope that we get to see some full-scale examples before we need to place firm orders !

·
Registered
521 Posts
I did want nightfall blue, then racing green, now I'm liking Metallic black with the wheels powdercoated black also. I keep bouncing between these though.

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Pic originally posted at Seloc of the Titanium Storm. I think I like it!

Note also the hardtop option.

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Looks good, the silver was better then I expected and this is another step up. The black wheels were throwing me off, not something I'd do. Reminds me of Steel Mist Gray for the MR2, which was my first choice of colors.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts