The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've recently picked up a brand new 2009 Cup260 in Dubai. The car sat in a Lotus dealerAir-conditioned showroom since 2009.
I had all fluids flushed and the car fully serviced by the dealer before taking delivery.

I'm planing on tracking the car few times a year. Unfortunately, our track season is almost over for this year. It's already getting hot. We only track in the winter.
In the meanwhile, I wanted sort of track prep the car. I have set a budget of around $3K for that purpose.
What do you guys think I should be getting for that sort of money?

I think I wanted to start with an exhaust , get some more power, titanium studs, track pads and maybe headers too.

Ok ok I know I'm supposed to post picture first. Here you go:

Attachments

·
Registered
226 Posts
That thing is Sick, dude. Hopefully you can hand the 5-0 in Dubai a couple of bucks to send them on their way and see what that baby can really do.

·
Registered
2008 Exige S240
3,111 Posts
Very nice, I just picked up a 2008 Exige S240 yesterday with only 7,000 miles totally stock....its like a brand new car, congrats.
Does your supercharger whine much? I can barely hear mine with the radio off.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Very nice, I just picked up a 2008 Exige S240 yesterday with only 7,000 miles totally stock....its like a brand new car, congrats.
Does your supercharger whine much? I can barely hear mine with the radio off.
Yes it does loud and clear. I'm not happy at all with the exhaust sound though. I've got to have a another one soon.

·
shay2nak
25,130 Posts
looks great, congrats!

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
I hot does it get during your... ermmm.. winter?
If you're going to mostly track it, why not go for reliability? Some of the most common reliability mods are baffled oil pan and fuel surge tanks.
Then there is intercooler/shroud to keep the intake air temperature down(for more power and to reduce chance of detonation).
Oil catch cans, if you don't want the inside of your intercooler getting coated with oil...
Harnesses are always good, and being held in tightly gives you a lot of confidence and feel. You already have the perfect seats for them.
You can install different pedal covers if it's difficult to heel-toe with the stock setup.
Then you can upgrade the engine mounts or go for the mount inserts..
Stock radiators can crack at the sides and plenty of upgrade choices are available.
Upgrade transmission cables if it goes bad...

·
Registered
112 Posts
I agree with Forkmeupscotty and Sturgeonegenral and I would add a few to the list. I would do this order:
1) harness, looks like it might have it already, but just can't tell from pics
2) brake pads
3) HNT pad
4) suspension
5) exhaust and other stuff to increase power if you ahve any $$$ left

At least that's the advice smarter people than me have given me!

·
Super Moderator
6,819 Posts
That Cup 260 will already have hanesses, upgraded brakes, upgraded Ohlins suspension, and an Accusump.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts