The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone!

I picked up my magnetic blue '07 Elise from San Francisco tonight. It has 9,800 miles and the the previous owner fitted the supercharger.

The 101-S was very busy, but I was smiling. I've dreamed of owning an Elise since the S1 first came out in the UK (where I'm from) and now that goal is fulfilled.

I'm upgrading from an MX-5 Miata (my third), which feels like an SUV in comparison! Anyone else made that same transition?

- Jon

·
Ticket Magnet
1,055 Posts
Congrats and welcome. I am in Southern Oregon. How far North Cal are you? Anticipate everyone asking for you to post pics so go ahead and do so now.

·
Ticket Magnet
1,055 Posts
And although it wasn't a direct transition, I had a Miata. It was what it is ... not a Lotus. Different league.

·
Terry
2,193 Posts
wow congratulation! I've had that feeling when I first got mine as well! it was a dream come true moment! check out the Golden Gate Lotus Club! lots of Lotus enthusiasts there and you can enjoy the Lotus with all other Lotus owners there :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
I am hoping to make the transition from a miata to an elise. I think the Miata is the entrance to the world of lighter quick handling cars.

·
Stilling doing God's work
971 Posts
How's the AC? Mine sucks even AFTER the thermo upgrade.. Mine was also made in March, so it was an early Elise.

·
Registered
9 Posts
:eek:
Hi everyone!

I picked up my magnetic blue '07 Elise from San Francisco tonight. It has 9,800 miles and the the previous owner fitted the supercharger.

The 101-S was very busy, but I was smiling. I've dreamed of owning an Elise since the S1 first came out in the UK (where I'm from) and now that goal is fulfilled.

I'm upgrading from an MX-5 Miata (my third), which feels like an SUV in comparison! Anyone else made that same transition?

- Jon
Made that transition from 2 Miatas (including the Mazdaspeed). to an '09 Elise. Added the factory SC. OMG. It's a parallell universe.

Art T.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Congrats and welcome. I am in Southern Oregon. How far North Cal are you? Anticipate everyone asking for you to post pics so go ahead and do so now.
I'm on the peninsula. I moved up here from SoCal 2 years ago and the furthest North in CA I've been so far is Napa!

As a photographer, I'll be definitely taking pics soon!

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
And although it wasn't a direct transition, I had a Miata. It was what it is ... not a Lotus. Different league.
I used to do kart racing for 6 years when I was at school. The Elise feels more like a kart than it does a Miata.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Hi everyone!

- Jon
THAT WAS MINE!!! or should have been... Dawydiak - right? Read my post on the 18th! Congrats Mate. (I have 1st dibs if you want to sell)

http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f177/05-06-elise-persion-blue-magnetic-blue-bordeaux-wanted-116960/

·
Registered
36 Posts
Nice! I just picked up my 05 Elise about 6 months ago. I'm also on my 3rd miata (NA - NC - NA) -- I had to sell the NC to get the Elise (per wifey).

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
where in norcal?

·
Registered
170 Posts
I went from a 1995 Miata to a 1991 Miata to a 2006 Magnetic Blue/Magnolia Elise and I am in Modesto, CA. What color interior does your Elise Have? What supercharger do you have, sounds like it might be the dealer installed, Elise SC supercharger. I'd love to check it out if we are ever in the same place at the same time.

Jason

1 - 18 of 18 Posts