The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Gonna replace the stereo but otherwise this thing rocks. The blind spots took me some getting used to. Nice balance in corners; didn't push like a Top Gear review claimed. Neat feel. Best thing I've ever driven. I'm stoked :) And the ground clearance isn't horribly inconvenient; not much worse than my Miata 2000SE. I wish it shifted quicker (I was gently shifting, not slamming it in place... will forcing it on upshifts hurt the life much??... Miata I can shift very quickly without complaint except for matching revs from 2nd to 1st on a downshift), but the clutch feel is very nice.

Drove it from San Antonio, TX to Pensacola, FL today on 3 hrs sleep. No tickets :) Damn fun car!!! I would've fell asleep in anything else :)

Need to find a track to play on!

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Will do; only slide I did was on a freeway ramp with no traffic and I was motor braking (no brake, high rpm, no throttle) into the corner, nice good feel, rear end slid a touch & I smoothly added a touch of gas and it felt natural and safe and straightened right back up and gripped; just kept the front tires pointed in my intended path. Grippy little car!!

After reading a bit, I realize I've never pushed a rear engine car (Just formula ford cart thing); I've had like 20hrs track time @ sears point on a formula ford, and when I was young I slid my miata all over the place quite often; I halfass know how to drive :)

Need to find a parking lot with a cone course and get the feel of it safely. And then a safe track :)

·
Registered
685 Posts
Will do; only slide I did was on a freeway ramp with no traffic and I was motor braking (no brake, high rpm, no throttle) into the corner, nice good feel, rear end slid a touch & I smoothly added a touch of gas and it felt natural and safe and straightened right back up and gripped; just kept the front tires pointed in my intended path. Grippy little car!!

After reading a bit, I realize I've never pushed a <b>rear engine</b> car; I've had like 20hrs track time @ sears point on a formula ford, and when I was young I slid my miata all over the place quite often; I halfass know how to drive :)

Need to find a parking lot with a cone course and get the feel of it safely. And then a safe track :)
*cough* mid-engine *cough* not rear-engine *cough* ;)

I too came from Miata (and a FD3 RX-7). Took me a couple of weeks to get the hang of mid-engine layout. "Never lift" is what I learnt right here in this forum. Totally different sensation during hard corners :up:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Congradulations!

I am so jealous. If it is a yellow one with just the soft top, that will prove I have spent too much time looking and not buying!!

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Congrats!!! I've never felt the need to downshift to first :shrug:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Congradulations!

I am so jealous. If it is a yellow one with just the soft top, that will prove I have spent too much time looking and not buying!!
That's what I got; enjoying the machine... but my normal sunday bar I was afraid to leave it in the parking lot; rode a bicycle there... plusses and minuses... I'd prefer less attention in general; everyone wants to race at stoplights. Good opener for talking to girls though :)

Gonna put a decent stereo in it and abuse the car. I have been babying it. Need to rev it to 8k at a stop, dump the clutch and see what that feels like :)

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,688 Posts
You need multivex mirrors.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Congrats!!! I've never felt the need to downshift to first :shrug:
I agree that's not useful in most situations... but for a REAL tight corner it's nice. Not often that you need to accelerate from 20mph on a track... On a daily driver it can come in handy :)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You need multivex mirrors.
Those look nice. But I'm lazy. I kinda figured how to acess what's around me after 10 hrs driving... It'd be easier with those but I'm happy with it how it is.

Miata with top down has GREAT visibility; having to concentrate and remember what's where with the elise. Not necessarily a bad thing :)

·
Registered
136 Posts
Any mods? Or are u planning on doing any mods?

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Welcome to the club

:Dgood color.......it personally think that Saffron is the way to go.......but that is just me!!!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Wow...Parallel Universe

I'm new here as well.....we took delivery on our first Elise on the same day! Mine is a Nightfall Blue 2005 with 3600 miles....and the next day, I drove it from Texarkana, TX to Destin, FL. Every Mustang on I-10 and 20 wanted to race. I agree about needing a little less attention...one couple flagged me down just to take pictures.

I actually still have my "went from" car (1999 Zenith Blue Boxster), and it's still in the garage with its bottom lip stuck out....sad, really.

I'm enjoying this car. Getting in and out of it has gotten me in pretty buffed shape.

Enjoy!

·
Premium Member
5,633 Posts
Double congrats!! My Elise didn't come with two hot chicks like yours, what dealership give you such a good offer? :D

·
Registered
29 Posts
if you don't mind me asking.. what was the story behind buying it because I am in the market for an 05 myself and I cannot see myself spending anything more than 24-25k for one. So if you could let us know how you found this one and how much it was, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks and good luck!

·
Registered
4,240 Posts
if you don't mind me asking.. what was the story behind buying it because I am in the market for an 05 myself and I cannot see myself spending anything more than 24-25k for one. So if you could let us know how you found this one and how much it was, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks and good luck!
sale section here
cars.com
dealerships

·
Registered
570 Posts
ic its already attracting the ladies

1 - 20 of 31 Posts