The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:clap: HI GUYS, I GOT A CALL YESTERDAY THAT MY CAR WAS IN AT MATHENY IN JACKSONVILLE, I LIVE IN TALLAHASSEE AND TOOK OFF WITH MY 15 YEAR OLD SON. WE PICKED UP MY AWSOME
ADRENT RED WITH TOURING PACKAGE AND RED LEATHER SEATS.
THE DRIVE BACK WAS GREAT ENCEPT I HAD TO KEEP CHANGING MY SPEED EVERY 20 MIN. OR SO. I GOT HOME PRETTY LATE SO I WENT RIGHT TO BED. I LEFT WORK EARLY TODAY SO MY WIFE AND I SPENT THE AFTERNOON TOOLING AROUND,
AND AS EXPECTED I REVIEVED LOTS OF THUMBS UP, LOTS OF STAIRING, NOT ALOT OF SPORTS CARS IN TALLAHASSEE. MY WIFE SAID ITS A MANS CAR BECAUSE SHE DOESN'T LIKE CLIMBING IN AND OUT OF IT. I'LL POST SOME PICKS AS SOON AS I CALM DOWN.

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
Congratulations! Can't wait to see pics of that color combination.

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
congrats! where were you on the waiting list?

·
Registered
963 Posts
Wow, red/red. I also am dying to see some pics of that.

Congrats! Have fun!

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
On the Barrett-Jackson T.V. show that airs on Speedchannel, Jackson was inspecting a Vette from the 60's and explaining what to look for when thinking about buying a good one. The car was 'Red/Red' and he said it was 'an extremely desirable color combo'. At least you know in 40 years, when you decide to unload your Elise at auction, that there is a good chance it will fetch a high return based on color-combo.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Awesome! Congrats! Can't wait to see pix!!! Someday my Ardent Red/Sports Pack will arrive..... someday......

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Vangman said:
Awesome! Congrats! Can't wait to see pix!!! Someday my Ardent Red/Sports Pack will arrive..... someday......
Vangman:
I noticed #14 at Valenti has chimed in to say they also have a Nov. build date. Since the originally thought total of cars coming at or near the end of the year was 19, I'm wondering if this amount has been cut-back a bit. If there are build dates in Nov. for 15 - 19 perhaps they will post so you can get a better idea as to when you might expect yours. My guess is around 3 per month starting with the end of the first month of the new year.

·
Registered
389 Posts
BIG MAC said:
:MY WIFE SAID ITS A MANS CAR BECAUSE SHE DOESN'T LIKE CLIMBING IN AND OUT OF IT.
Big Mac, tell your wife she's sexist! Or maybe it's just a car for men and women who don't mind showing the world their ass as they climb in. :D

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
congratulations!!!

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Heck, my girlfriend wairs skirts and hops in the Elise. Perhaps the crowds of people aren't gathering to see the car after all.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
answers to questions

heres some answers to some of the posted questions about picking up my car a couple of weeks ago.

1-i was # 5 at matheny in jacksonville, waited about 21/2 years

2-my son only has his permit, we rented a car one way to pick it up

3- i have my computer guy comming in soon to help me post the pix of red on red, i think they will be worth the wait.

4- my wife has now gotten used to getting in and out of it now, and i have her with me on most of my rides.

to all of you who are waiting for your cars i still feel your pain when i read some of your posts, but i assure you, when you get your car you forget about the long wait because you can't believe you finally have it. it is so worth the wait so hang in there.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts