The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, this will be not only my Day 1 pics thread, but the progress of my build over the next several months.

Picked her up Yesterday in Michigan, got her home to Missouri tonight.

Mods for week one:
Install switched 12v socket under dash for GPS unit
Hardwire and install Valentine 1 Radar/Laser detector and hidden display
Tint windows, headlights lightly, markers, signals, and tails.
HID Retrofit kits by HouseOfHID.com for both low and Highbeams (New prototype kit coming soon)
Upgraded LED interior lighting
Clean-up, fix, ect any quirks.

Pics are from the drive down from MI to MO. FULL set here: First pics of my Super Stock Elise! | TheChazz.com – DOWNSHIFT-FLOORIT

Wallpaper:

·
Absolute power does what?
3,201 Posts
Congrats, you've got a great eye and take some great pictures. Let us know as you start, many of us have done your mods so were happy to help (did LED interior lights myself, can be really cheap and very effective mod)

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Congrats! I recognize that license plate; did you buy the car from a forum member? The car looks great; nice-n-clean. Great pictures too. Enjoy!

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks! Yes I did buy the car from a forum member, and the plates are mine. I transfered them from my S2000:

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
Great car color, but then, I am biased. Welcome to the Lotus family. Gentlemen start your wrenches, go!

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well mother nature dumped 3" of snow right after I got home last night, so she will be parked for a while.

Started some minor mods. Added a switched 12v outlet under the dash to run my garmin which is located in the far left of my dash above the AC vent. Cable is tucked in the dash and pops out out of sight. (No drilling/cutting)

Also cleaned up the USB connector tht was laying in the left side pocket. Just cleaned it up and used 3M tape to stick it to the roof of the pocket. Less clutter.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
1 week mark!
Progress: 2-tone Wrap done
Tinted Sidemarkers and Turn Signals, removed rear reflectors(replacing with black reflectors soon)
Stealth install of Valentine One with hidden display
Garmin 1490 install with additional outlet under dash (switched)
Cleaned up Head-unit USB interface

This week:
High and Lowbeam HID Retrofits.
Re-Groove OEM Shocks and lower car 1"
Window film that was delayed in shipment should arrive and windows will be tinted.

These pics are actually out of date, as the 2-tone is done now.

Garmin in the top left of dash, V1 display in pocket with USB interface.

·
Absolute power does what?
3,201 Posts
Progress: 2-tone Wrap done
Details please? Did you have the entire car wrapped? Doesn't really look like it from the pictures - but very pretty Elise...

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nope, I did the wrap myself (Previous employment) Its only the Hard-top, Rollbar cover, and the upper portion of the rear clam. I still need to do the Mirrors as well. New pics in a few moments.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Nice!

As of tonight:

Suspension in work, Alignment Thursday. HIDs Saturday. Also doing some shifter re-enforcement and maybe a shiftknob, Window film should arrive Tuesday (Finally), Tint tails and a few other things!

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Film showed today, So I tinted it. Did the 3 point shifter re-enforcement and ordered a Jim Clayton Big Ball. Awaiting suspension to be ready for re-install.
Stop animation of the window film install: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eo2lygOM-pY&feature=youtu.be

V1 mounted in back window:

V1 Hidden display:

Shifter re-enforcement:

Seat spacers, HAD to recline them, was KILLING my back.

Tint:

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Haha yup, B2, My "other ride".... err Job... witht that retro style 1982 feel... lol

1 - 20 of 94 Posts