41 - 60 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #41

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Woah, I totally want to be you when i grow up!!!! Sweet Ride, Driving around alongside Ferraris, Hot Girls..... What more can a guy ask for?

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #43

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts
you ARE living the dream...

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #47

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
More work today...

Poped out the old vents (Most crumbled)

Cut all the mesh and started bending.. bending again, again, once more... trim here there..

Now paint (both sides)

Rub, scrub, and scrape off all the glue and residue... Brake Cleaner helps...
Then Wetsand, Compound, Buff, and here the wax is drying...

Install vents with a thick urethane/Silicone and make sure position corectly then add weight....

Will update tomorrow when its all re-assembled!

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #49 (Edited)
Assembled:

Then on the way to work tonight, smoked a Coyote... FUUHHHHHHHH

Impact on the drivers door. Minor damage to front clam and corner light. Small dent/crack in rocker panel.

Car is now at the body shop. Shaving front Plinth, Turn signals and Corner lights. New 2-tone and starshield also in the works

·
Registered
341 Posts
Hi, Impressive shots. When you did the night shot with the homemade zig zag light in the background what was your shutter speed and ISO setting? Want to try and re-create that however after seeing your giant Canon lens in the trunk of your car I fear mine will be lacking a bit. Thanks

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
That shot was actually done with my Sigma 10-20 4-5.6 Wide Angle.

I dont have the original on hand to review the EXIF but im pretty sure it was a 20-30sec shutter at 100ISO. The light used was just my phone. Did a full lap around the car.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Car is back from the body shop. New front tires next week. Custom front splitter (clam protector) soon. Also a lot of cleanup/detailing/touchup on the car.

·
Such Moderate
6,742 Posts
When you do the rig shots, where are you mounting the suction cups? My friend does amazing rig shots but I'm very worried about the suction cups. Maybe the hardtop?

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Well its double tricky on my car. Because my 2-tone upper half is done with Vinyl which will get damaged by the vaccume of the cups. The shots you see above were all suctioned to the rear clam at the base of the bar covers. (Where you would mount a spoiler)

The cups as long as they are properly cleaned, and you have a decent coat of wax wont damage the car at all. Ive rigged Black Ferraris, NSX's and a few Loti's with no issues.

If the car is dirty or has no wax it can form dirt rings where the cups tighten against the panel. A Micrfiber and some compound takes this right off, then just wax over.

I was always worried about stress cracks ect however ive never had any issues or even seen anyone have a problem. Andrew (VisualEchos) has hung a 15ft boom from his Exige no problem.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #56 (Edited)
Alrighty.
Tinted tails, Re-painted side vents and radiator vents flat black.

Made a small heat Shield for the Exhaust tip.

Painted A/C Surround and Center console.

Debadged (Mainly because the stock badges were FRIED)

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
New shots, Interior assembled (ignored the horribly dirty floor)

Debadged:

Front mesh:

My new garage:

·
Premium Member
2,817 Posts
Looking good. Have you thought about doing a "bandit mask" in the tail with the same covering you have on the top? If you didn't like it, you could just peel it off. BTW, you don't need to put your seats in the bathtub to clean them. Lol. What's going on with those:)? Look a bit "puffy". You've done a lot of nice mods to the car, and your a talented photographer.
Keep the pics coming.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
Thanks guys.

As for the Cupholder, It cost over $40 in supplies and took about 6 hours to make. Not to mention it only works if your seat is spaced the same as mine. I may work on a simpler and more univeral design. I love the thing!

As for the seats, one of the previos owners tried to re-pack the seats and failed. Both the padding and covers are garbage. Im on the hunt for a pair of Black PROBAX seats.

As for the "mask" Ive seen it, not for me.

41 - 60 of 94 Posts