The Lotus Cars Community banner

61 - 80 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
Tires showed up today, being mounted now. 175/50/16 S-Drives

Got bored at work with the laser etcher. Did my key and cell phone battery cover.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
Got a kick out of this, had 2 firned 280lbs and 250lbs sitting in the car at a local meet. Tucking tire all around!

Started on the Alumalite splitter tonight, Cut a blank the right width and height:

Trace the car to the blank, then cut the wheel arches:

Finish cutting the shape:

Picking up the new Fasteners (using OEM bolt holes and adding 2 more for the houter edges) some spacers for the center, and edge gaurd in the morning. Making Tire covers tonight at work.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #64 (Edited)
With some quick $15 DIY Stabilizers. (Splitter would violently shake at 70+mph without them.
(also pictured, my Boss's Boss's 49 International.

Quick cell snap of the bars:

Progress tonight on the Side panels. Mounting points (3 OEM rear bolts to under-tray, 1 in Bottom of hinge cover, and 1 in each front and rear fenderwell) Done, Shapes cut.
Ill make the fenderwell panels tomorrow night at work, then Paint and install the trim. Should have them installed by Tuesday.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
Today progress on the Side Panels. Cut, End Panels Made, Attached, Primed, and painting now...

Should be installed in the next few hours.

·
Absolute power does what?
3,201 Posts
It's so nice to see someone fabricate something so nice for their cars. Very well done.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
Spray bombing the rear diffuser today and trimming out the edges to clean it up. Its still stock (for now) so its been beaten, scratched, chipped, and faded. Just want to tidy up a bit.

Ill be showing the car at Import Face-Off in Topeka on Sept 2nd if anyone is in the area!

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
Rear diffuser re-painted and added Edge trim. Adjusted the exhaust. Plasti-Dipped the wheels black.

Yum!

·
Registered
742 Posts
Looking good, cut the plastic slits out of the top radiator grills and plastic weld the holes and repaint it. Fun afternoon project :up:

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
I was looking at doing that, replasing the slats with mesh as well. Maybe this winter. I just ordered the last real mod for the car (for this year).

Time to start building a unique beater.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #74 (Edited)
This past weekend.
Rolling shot while on the Labor Day Exotics Cruise by Ricky Shull (Ill get a high res copy asap)

Untitled by Ricky S. Photography, on Flickr

Another Alignment 0.75* Front and 1.6* Rear this time:

Won "Best Exotic" at IFO Topeka:

And these came in today. Last rear mod for this year. Side Scoops. Building hardware for them this week then installing.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #75

·
Premium Member
5,633 Posts
:up: That's what I call practicality when building a car, you must Difflow your car though to balance it out, right now you have no A$$ Lol those rims on you S would look great on my Elise but no, Lotus has a frikin sense of humor and fcked up the offset on the front, now we have to live with the only 3 designs available that fir the car :wallbang: BTW I come from an S two.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
In the plans for next year!

May build my own to be honest. You offer a great product, however I also have access to a sheet metal shop :D

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
61 - 80 of 94 Posts