The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 189 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Kind of excited, not sure how its going to look on my aspen white s. Best part is da CF, the bigger scoop, and lost like 10lbs!
I hope it will turn out to be a stunner,

Teaser.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Looking forward to seeing this one! More airflow and less weight, eh? Nice... I may do this...

·
Registered
466 Posts
Congrats, do yourself a favor and buy a torx adapter kit if you don't already have one before you fit your new roof. Chalk and cheese vs. the rubbish Lotus supplied T40 long stick junk, not only is it awkard and make it hard to remove and install roofs, it also gives a "dead" feel response which very easily results in the weak threads/screws being burnt when you overtighten em.

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
Congrats, do yourself a favor and buy a torx adapter kit if you don't already have one before you fit your new roof. Chalk and cheese vs. the rubbish Lotus supplied T40 long stick junk, not only is it awkard and make it hard to remove and install roofs, it also gives a "dead" feel response which very easily results in the weak threads/screws being burnt when you overtighten em.
+1

I've been taking the roof(s) on and off frequently... it's much easier and safer with a T40 bit, right angle ratchet driver (for the rear brackets), and a straight ratchet driver (for all the others).

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Patiently waiting for pix.

ASPEN WHITE Rules.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Wanna see pics too please!!! :)

(Aspen White Rules. Do I even have to say it? :) )

Cheers,
-Darryl

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
pics pics pics!

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
you know what aspen white? I got a feeling your whole family is going down rotfl
The hard top didnt come with papers. The instAll was quite easy. ONLY one issue..."Am i suppose to reuse the oem rubber fittings from the oem hard top, and place them onto the current one? :confused:

edit: I called sector and they said rubber not needed. -i wish i wouldn't need the rubber at all for anything! LOL

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
The hard top didnt come with papers. The instAll was quite easy. ONLY one issue..."Am i suppose to reuse the oem rubber fittings from the oem hard top, and place them onto the current one? :confused:

edit: I called sector and they said rubber not needed. -i wish i wouldn't need the rubber at all for anything! LOL
heyyyy you posted a response with no pics. :shrug:

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
sector roof or prototype composite?

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
bump for pics. :nanner2:

·
Registered
1,897 Posts