The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys -

Picking up my Evora tomorrow! I've been stalking this forum for quite some time and just finally registered last week. I've been wanting an Evora for quite some time and I consider it a dream car. I've saved up for it for quite a bit and was fairly dedicated on achieving the goal. I'm only 30 and had a good conversation with myself and others on how I probably won't have the opportunity to jump in a car like this when I get a family started in the next 5 or so years (Hooray SUVs and Family Cars for me) so I figured this was the best opportunity to get into one now.

I found a really good deal on what the dealership called a 'Used' 2013 Lotus NA. It actually only has 30 miles on it and the dealership is classifying it as used to help push it out I'm guessing. It was priced well and I looked up some of the vehicle history and it doesn't appear to be something that was stuck overseas and was transferred over to the states. It appears to have been sitting in the dealership for quite some time. Either way, it is pretty decked out in options (Tech Pack, Sports Pack, Prem Pack (Heated Seats), Backup Camera, Black Forged Wheels, etc) so I'm pretty happy :)

Picking her up tomorrow AM! I don't have any pics but here are some from the dealership with what looks to be the worst possible camera ever?? I will try to get some better pics up later.

If you guys have any tips beforehand, please let me know! I tried reading up on it as much as possible and I plan on using it as a daily driver. :coolnana:

Looking forward to joining the conversation with you all!

·
Happy To Be Here
2013 Lotus Evora IPS - Carbon Gray
867 Posts
Congratulations on the purchase! I've had mine since October of last year and I've been driving the crap out of it. One thing I recommend you check out or have the dealer check before you take delivery is that the subwoofer works and that the satellite radio works. Those got goofed up on a high percentage of cars. Other than that, just enjoy the car! I also recommend you contact someone like SirLotus and order skid plates for the front lip so you don't have to worry about scraping on driveways.

·
Premium Member
260 Posts
Congratulations on the purchase! I've had mine since October of last year and I've been driving the crap out of it. One thing I recommend you check out or have the dealer check before you take delivery is that the subwoofer works and that the satellite radio works. Those got goofed up on a high percentage of cars. Other than that, just enjoy the car! I also recommend you contact someone like SirLotus and order skid plates for the front lip so you don't have to worry about scraping on driveways.
Who is SirLotus? Skid plates would be great

·
Happy To Be Here
2013 Lotus Evora IPS - Carbon Gray
867 Posts

·
Disciple of Chapman
1,620 Posts
To be honest the "Solar Yellow" did nothing for me when I purchased my car. At the time the dealer had a used yellow Evora for about $10K less than the car I purchased, but I just did not like the color.
But.....
I have to admit the black wheels with the Yellow is Awesome :drool:
I have seen a few with the full black package which is also very cool :up:

Good choice my friend

·
Registered
856 Posts
Congrats. My wife and I are still in our twenties and bought the Evora to be one of our "practical" cars! Look up pictures of people hauling around kids in the back seats.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I picked her up this morning. Holy hell the handling is so good. :p

Barely been behind the wheel as I have a busy day at work but I'm loving it. I can't stop smiling. Can't stop at all.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Congrats! Fun isn't it. The worst part is the dissatisfaction with other cars. Now you're ruined ;-)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Congrats, saw her in person when i bought mine from the same dealer about 2 weeks ago, gorgeous!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So I had to leave town for a week and I want to make sure I did this right. Any help would be appreciated.

I plugged the battery tender into the trunk aux (dealer did it already). I plugged that into the wall power and fed the wire out the trunk. I took the trunk lid and latch and put it in a closed position so the interior trunk lights stayed off and left the trunk slightly open.

Will my battery be okay? Tender said it was charging. Just want to make sure.

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
Just unhook your battery if you want to be absolutely sure nothing will happen to your battery while your away on business.

I really hate tenders/float chargers they will wear down your battery and before you know it you'll be buying a new one.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Just unhook your battery if you want to be absolutely sure nothing will happen to your battery while your away on business.

I really hate tenders/float chargers they will wear down your battery and before you know it you'll be buying a new one.
Well too late now. Already out of town!

Was just wanting to make sure that I did everything correctly.

·
Premium Member
2,476 Posts

Squid, unfortunately I have to disagree with you on this one. The reason Lotus was shipping cars with (Delran) battery tenders is because they work.

I currently have 8 cars that are daily on tenders. Every one of them will fire up without hesitation. They are regularly left 4-5 months during the winter on tenders without being started and I have never had an issue. I even have one yellow top Optima that is 9 years old and cranks like it is new (although I admit I’m probably pushing it with that battery).

Cheap $7 battery trickle chargers may not work, but a good battery tender does.

PezRadar, I’m not sure what you mean by “plugged the battery tender into the trunk aux (dealer did it already)”. Do you mean the auxiliary outlet? If so, that should be fine as that stays hot. Better would be to wire directly to the battery and leave the pigtail hanging into the truck. Also, most of us that use tenders are able to fully close the truck with the power cord coming out of it, therefore not having to trip the latch. But tripping the latch will work too. Either way, remember to unplug before you try to drive away!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts