1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Nice find. Had heard it would have power windows, locks, dual air bags, abs, etc. On the English site they had comment on the purple paint (that's a dark shade) and new rear details, the old style was cleaner looking. It has one of the best shots that I've seen of the trunk, a bit bigger then I thought. Thanks.

·
Registered
61 Posts
damn i hope ours look like those, man those are shhhhweet.

I am not a big fan of airbags, i am sure they do some good in some accidents but i have known more people that have had thier faced and arms burnt because of the chemicals that are exposed when the bag deploys. A few years ago when i was school a girl in my english class got into an accident and the bag deployed as it should and everything, but it her face so hard that her brain swelled up. She was in the hospital for like 3 weeks and now is partially retarded becuase of that.

I dunno a seatbelt is good enough although i perfer a 4 point harness.

jeremy

·
Registered
66 Posts
yellowelise said:
I dunno a seatbelt is good enough although i perfer a 4 point harness.
Harnass = bad idea unless you have a rollcage. Conventional seatbelts are designed to allow you to bend toward the center of the car as the roof collapses. A 4 or 5 point harnass doesn't allow you to bend at all, so you have to be certain your roof won't collapse before you install one, otherwise it's more of a safety liability than an asset.

·
Registered
6 Posts
seat belt

Yep Volvo did a really good job on the 3 point hasrness.

However the Elise does have a roll hoop, I wonder what peoples thaughts are on the relative saftey....

One of the advantages of the Elise is the connection with the road. Having driven in several with and without 4 point harnesses I felt that the harness equipped cars gave better connection and that the driver needed that extra restraint to hold them in.

Remember this is a car that hs ween recorded at 1.5G lateral..

Brian

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Depends a lot on the seats too. In my racing kart, we hit over 2gs and no seatbelt or harness.

I like driving with a harness, I became used to it. But I would want to make sure that the roll hoops or whatever were really stable enough.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts