The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

A really specific request actually. I'm 95% sure I want to get a stripe kit with one large stripe that's off center with a much smaller pin stripe right next to it. Both stripes would be black and my car is chrome orange.

Does anyone know where to track down some good sample shots of anyone with a similar setup?

EDIT: Found this on chuforia graffix. It's exactly what I'm looking for but the angle is mediocre and there's only one photo.

http://chuforiagraffix.com/images/phocagallery/Lotus Challenge Orange black stripes.jpg

·
Registered
140 Posts
I put together a photo-shop of what it might look like - thought that may be useful and was curious to see how it might look.

·
Super Moderator
6,557 Posts
I think it looks good on the Elise but I don't care for it on the Exige, especially with the mohawk roof. Just my 0.02.

San

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Stripes and silly wings, if you want to look like a 20 something that has a 'fart can' on the back so be it... it's your car.
Sorry, I'm a purist.. but I also broke the rules. Replaced my warped cheap black plastic binnical facia with specially finished French Walnut and put some pretty sporty 'door sills plates' on the car.

I don't want to add attention, get enough of that, I just want to add class even if it costs me a pound of weight.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
I think it looks good as well... Your asking a question for me. I have CO Exige and contemplating stripes too.

I guess I could just tell everyone I am copying advocat3 heh... Yeah I agree with comments about trying to add class to these cars.

I see it as a toy unlike maybe an Aston Martin or something. The person that puts stripes on one of those... :huh: tard

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
Stripes and silly wings, if you want to look like a 20 something that has a 'fart can' on the back so be it... it's your car.
Sorry, I'm a purist.. but I also broke the rules. Replaced my warped cheap black plastic binnical facia with specially finished French Walnut and put some pretty sporty 'door sills plates' on the car.

I don't want to add attention, get enough of that, I just want to add class even if it costs me a pound of weight.
One can argue the whole car is "silly". Lighten up Francis, this car is all about fun however one chooses to define it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts