The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So yesterday I went to an autocross school and I hit a hell of a lot of cones. Some dead on even. I don't put painters' tape on my car because it's a pain.

Long story short, my car was RIDDEN with black scuff marks all over the front Starshield and side rocker panels. I tried for 10 minutes with MidasHands' detailing spray (sorry Mike) and no dice.

I took it to New York Motor Club, about a mile from my house and asked for a full wash, spray wax and to get that crap out.

My god. I WISH I had taken pics before hand. I cannot believe it. The car is virtually spotless. There some light scuffs on the rocker panels that have been there for months.

This place specializes in high-end exotics. Here are some pics from just an average Saturday...

There was also an Audi R8 when I went earlier in the day.

Anyways, I really recommend this place. Prices are $25 for a basic hand wash. $10 for a spray wax. $75 for a wash and gunky hand wax. $125 for exterior detail. $135 for interior detail. And $200 for full detail.

The prices are very competitive and the workmanship is second to none. I would never wash my car anywhere else. And for all those who wash your cars yourselves, I do as well, but sometimes you just can't beat a professional car wash.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Do they change/use new towels for different parts of the car?
Wish there's a place like that near my house... :(

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Sounds great , but by the time I got back to Pasadena, my guess it would need to be cleaned again.

·
Puff Daddy
3,872 Posts
Wow their prices are EXTREMELY reasonable for the work they are doing...

How do they make any money?! Especially in New York...

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,687 Posts
Turtle wax bug & tar remover will get them right off.

·
Registered
11,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Meguire's clear plastic cleaner should do the trick, especially if applied by machine. Just ask Rob what I did to his car! Glad you had a good experience at NYMC

You're my detail guy :D

Wow their prices are EXTREMELY reasonable for the work they are doing...

How do they make any money?! Especially in New York...

I'm pretty sure most people who come in don't just get a car wash, but an exterior detail or wax or something...

Also, a lot of the exotic owners come in bi-weekly to have their cars detailed.

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
So yesterday I went to an autocross school and I hit a hell of a lot of cones. Some dead on even. I don't put painters' tape on my car because it's a pain.

Long story short, my car was RIDDEN with black scuff marks all over the front Starshield and side rocker panels...
OY! I think you meant "RIDDLED" :D

Glad your car came out alright though :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts