The Lotus Cars Community banner

21 - 40 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Please make sure to retake this pictures when it is nice and sunny out. That should get the camera to quicken up the shutter speed and really show it off! Remember some of us are not looking at taking posession for another year plus, and these pictures are all we got!

Scot

·
Registered
963 Posts
cbolz said:
You lucky dog.

I noticed that the air vents on the dash are located up by the windshield. The cars in LA had the vents much lower on the dash. I wonder if this is a truly "Federalized" Elise?
Speakers aren't on the dash either.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
That's IT. I'm changing colors (again!!)

I wanted Bordeaux w/ black interior at first. Then I changed my mind and wanted Ardent with Biscuit. Then I decided that I wanted Bordeaux with Biscuit. Darn-it! After these pics, I'm back to Ardent with Biscuit! Sheesh!!!!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
5,413 Posts
Theres only one solution to the color choice problem. Im gonna find someone in my area with a Ardent Red and we can swap once in a while with my Yellow :D . . . . My lord you car looks awesome, best of luck and thanks for the pics!

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I stopped by Newport European today (I got my buddy "hooked" and now he wants an Elise too! :p ) Christine had a Bordeaux Elise out in the sunlight and it looked fabulous! But the Ferrari 355 parked next to it looked great also! Bordeaux or Ardent? Ardent or Bordeaux. :eek: :confused: :rolleyes:

If I were on The Apprentice, Donald Trump would have fired me for being indecisive! :p But then again, things are easier for "The Donald"... he can afford to buy the cars in all colors and decide which one to keep later! :p I want to be "The Donald" too... :(

Bob

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
wstrohm said:
I stopped at Bordeaux with Biscuit. Actually, though, I probably really stopped with Mariner Blue... back about July 1989.
I considered just about every color (except the lifestyle ones and AB) and settled on BRP/Biscuit too.

Can't wait!

·
Registered
157 Posts
NevB - well done awesome machine. Looks like they did you a local deal on the wheels and tyres (maybe off the Melbourne show car!) those tyres will really make a difference!!!

Did they have to change any geometry set ups to accomodate the new wheels and tyres?

The only difference I noticed from mine is that mine has leather around the gear lever and handbrake area.

And I did notice yesterday that warm air was coming out of the vents without the fan being on!

·
Registered
5,158 Posts
rtking said:
Christine had a Bordeaux Elise out in the sunlight and it looked fabulous!
111S? Fed test car?

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Vantage, I don't know what to call it. It has the Euro-spec interior, but it's got the Toyota motor. I guess it would probably be closest to a 111R. But this is the same car that's been touring around the country (and the same Bordeaux car that you see on this website's Bordeaux pics.)

Bob

·
Registered
5,158 Posts
Very cool. This may be the same car that was in San Diego, visiting the Bilstein facility. I may give her a call to see how long they will have it.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Although the pix are fuzzy I seem to notice that the back end has a lotus symbol and does not say lotus in stick on letters. Is this true, if so I like that! Anyone want to speculate if we will get the same?:)

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
fish,
The 111R (UK and Rest of world) gets the nose badge on the back end, the US cars get the letters. For those that want the nose badge on the tail. The Lettering is easy to remove.

Most of the polling on the different elise forums in the US favored the lettering.
Chris

21 - 40 of 95 Posts