The Lotus Cars Community banner

41 - 60 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Thanks for the reply. I removed all of my markings from my red mr2 spyder with dental floss and it attracts so much attention from people trying to figure out what it is! Anyway I thought the contrast of the Red paint and the yellow emblem on the back looks sharp.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Whats with the yellow on the wheels ? I guess the absolute center is a Lotus Logo but what is the other yellow about ? In the couple pics I've seen of black wheels it always looks odd.

Thanks

Steve

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
zvezdah1 said:
fish,
The 111R (UK and Rest of world) gets the nose badge on the back end, the US cars get the letters. For those that want the nose badge on the tail. The Lettering is easy to remove.

Most of the polling on the different elise forums in the US favored the lettering.
Chris
Chris,

Are you sure about this?? I hope you are correct as I love the way the letters look on the back end compared to the badge. Wow this is great news:D

Best Wishes,
Mitch

·
shay2nak
24,910 Posts
I stopped by Newport European today (I got my buddy "hooked" and now he wants an Elise too! ) Christine had a Bordeaux Elise out in the sunlight and it looked fabulous! But the Ferrari 355 parked next to it looked great also! Bordeaux or Ardent? Ardent or Bordeaux.
rtking, what spot are you in? I sent an email to Christine and she didn't answer me. Did she mention anything about allocation or when you would get your car? Have you already put a deposit down and ordered your car? I'm regretting in choosing Newport, until I know what is going on. How long are they going to have the Bordeaux Elise there? Can one drive it?

Thanks!

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
Did the front clamshell come predrilled? I live in a state that does not require front plates and would not want the dealer to drill a plate holder and put their advertising on it.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
babak said:
Did the front clamshell come predrilled? I live in a state that does not require front plates and would not want the dealer to drill a plate holder and put their advertising on it.
Nope, it wasn't predrilled.

Cheers,

Nev

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
ACP said:
NevB - well done awesome machine. Looks like they did you a local deal on the wheels and tyres (maybe off the Melbourne show car!) those tyres will really make a difference!!!

Did they have to change any geometry set ups to accomodate the new wheels and tyres?

The only difference I noticed from mine is that mine has leather around the gear lever and handbrake area.

And I did notice yesterday that warm air was coming out of the vents without the fan being on!
Hi ACP,

They took the wheels from a 111 Sport on the showroom floor. I don't know if they changed the geometry for the new wheels at all, but the car certainly handles like its on rails.

I've spent the weekend down at Mornington, which is a hilly beachside part of Melbourne. There is a famous winding drive there up to peak of Arthurs Seat - sometimes they do hill climbs there - anyhow, I sat on the tail of a motorbike all the way up.

I think he couldnt believe a car could stick like that! :D

Interesting that your car has trim on the centre console while mine is raw ... I'll have to check that out on the other 111R's on the showroom floor and see what the norm is.

Cheers,

Nev

·
shay2nak
24,910 Posts
I stopped by Newport European today (I got my buddy "hooked" and now he wants an Elise too! ) Christine had a Bordeaux Elise out in the sunlight and it looked fabulous! But the Ferrari 355 parked next to it looked great also! Bordeaux or Ardent? Ardent or Bordeaux.
rtking, what spot are you in? I sent an email to Christine and she didn't answer me. Did she mention anything about allocation or when you would get your car? Have you already put a deposit down and ordered your car? I'm regretting in choosing Newport, until I know what is going on. How long are they going to have the Bordeaux Elise there? Can one drive it?

Thanks!

·
Forum Founder
29,080 Posts
Sownman said:
Whats with the yellow on the wheels ? I guess the absolute center is a Lotus Logo but what is the other yellow about ? In the couple pics I've seen of black wheels it always looks odd.

Thanks

Steve
The OZ lettering.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Stunning.

Even somewhat blurry, she's an amazing beauty. Keep the updates coming and ENJOY!

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
babak,
Are you speaking of soft top removal? Working the LOA stand at Atlanta, I got a bit of practice with it, at most takes a minute to do. As others have mentioned it's also possible to unhook the drivers side, get in and close above you (does take a bit of practice but is certainl doable)

Chris

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
Chris,
Yeah the soft top...how long does it take to install? I don't have covered parking at work, ergo I wont leave the top off when I park it.

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
zvezdah1 said:
Babak,
It takes a minute or less even taking into consideration having to go to the other side once. It's dead easy!
CHris
Thanks, that's what I wanted to hear.

41 - 60 of 95 Posts