The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The car is being shipped to me this week. It's a 2004 in pearl yellow and it's in excellent condition. I am thrilled with it as is. However, I am considering replacing the stock wheels with an optional set of Lamborghini callistos that have been chromed black (photo below). Let me know what you think about that. I am also considering having the silver areas on top of the engine changed to a powder coated yellow. I would be interested in hearing opinions on that as well. A lot of owners frown on making any mods to the car; however, with the clear engine bonnet, I think the yellow might look good. Opinions? It has a black interior with yellow stitching.
Chris

Attachments

·
Registered
143 Posts
Honestly, I've never liked the stock wheels on the gallardo. The callistos really make a difference imo. As for the clear engine cover, again, love it. With the wheels and clear engine cover, looks much more like a supercar and much less like a v10 banana :nanner2:

I'd even go so far as to paint the vents above the rear lights black a la http://www.auto-news.de/webcore/data/content/Auto_Article_EXT/16666_1147952140328.jpg

Basically, I'm trying to go for the Gallardo SE look (which is basically clear engine cover, black vents, dark callistos).

Nice car and congrats, you'll love it no matter what I'm sure!

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,687 Posts
:drool::drool::drool: Go with the black wheels... the engine looks fine. You're getting from FOW no doubt ?? Great guys...I've visited there a few times.

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No. Actually, I found this car in Atlanta, and it is being shipped to me. The car has an IMSA custom exhaust system that gives it an additional 20 HP. That puts the HP in the area of the SE; now I just need to figure out a way to cut some weight. LOL.

Attachments

·
Registered
269 Posts
SCHWINGG! :cool:

Enjoy your new ride, Chris! Life's too short to drive boring cars...

·
Registered
7,708 Posts
i love the black rims on the yellow car.....i like the stock ones too though.
i wouldnt bother with the powder coating.

note, besides some additional hp, i believe the se also had shorter gear ratios....not sure though.

awesome car!

·
Registered
1,832 Posts

·
Modern Day Hippie
3,839 Posts
Congrats! Definitely go with the black Callistos. They are newer and the black will be a nice contrast. I'd leave the engine bonnet cover alone. Don't start powder coating body panels for fun.

·
Registered
11,221 Posts
i love the black rims on the yellow car.....i like the stock ones too though.
i wouldnt bother with the powder coating.

note, besides some additional hp, i believe the se also had shorter gear ratios....not sure though.

awesome car!

Yes it did have shorter gear ratios :p

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Just to clarify, I was considering having the silver part of the valve covers powder coated in yellow (not the bonnet). The Lamborghini lettering and the remainder of the valve covers would still be black.

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
nice car CD. :up:

does this supplant or supplement the upcoming nissan?

i hope you get your butt out to SP one of these days.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Nice Lambo and nice cars in your siggy.

Looking to adopt a 18yr. old.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Nice Lambo and nice cars in your siggy.

Looking to adopt a 18yr. old.

1 - 20 of 87 Posts