The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Pics of my ST w/other exotics on a rally today

A casual rally was thrown together today, starting at my new friend Peter's amazing estate in Potomac, MD. A bunch of local car freaks (like me) headed out late in afternoon, tearing up the back roads around Potomac.

It turned out to be a really fun and educational run for me. This was the first time since my post-break-in tune-up that I've really been able to stretch my Elise's legs. And I had some tough sprinters to keep up with- a Ferrari Challenge Stradale, 2 Testarossas, a Lamborghini Countach, 2 Esprits, and a couple 308's and a 348.

The most fun was keeping up with the Stradale, which was in front of me on the drive back. What an amazingly beautiful looking and sounding car. I was amazed that I was able to shadow him while he ran his Ferrari flat out. This truly was one of the most incredible things I've done in a long time- chasing a racing-prepped $200K+ Ferrari with a Countach in my rearview mirror, just like in Gran Turismo :)

The view and sounds on some of the straight-aways gave me the chills at times- a long line of beautiful exotics in front and behind me, engines in full song.

We ended up taking a break in a parking lot just off one of the roads and quickly drew a huge crowd. Cars that were driving by slammed on their brakes and turned back around to come look at our gathering of cars. Somehow the word got out to all the kids seeming within a mile, as after about 15 minutes, there were about 30 of them streaming in on bikes, completely wide-eyed.

I was only able to take a couple of pics because I was constantly answering questions about my car and asking about some of the other cars. My favorites were the Stradale and the Lambo- beauty and the beast...

Attachments

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
"atyclb" - thanks for pointing me to that thread! I would have never clicked on it (the title didn't catch my eye). That's f'n hilarious :D

Someone also took my pic the other day while I was sitting at a stop light :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I've always loved the 308's curves. I think Pinninfarina did an outstanding job and that's why (IMHO) it's such a classic design. In Sean's first picture, you can see that the Elise has similar curves (albeit shorter) as the 308. No wonder I love the shape of the Elise! :D

Bob

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Yeah, I was actually surprised to notice that the 308 seemed to be the closest in height to my car, out of all the ones there. The 308 is just much longer, with a higher front-end, but never would have guessed they would look remotely similar in person.

The interiors are similar too (the silver one I was parked next to had red interior and seats that almost looked identical to mine).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts