1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Sweet. The waviness of Golf is very cool.

Pretty scenery. I must go back some day.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Very cool! You move to Florida for a year and I'll trade you houses and roads. ;)

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
haha! let me se a pic of your house.

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
NO!!!! Have you seen the roads in Florida???

One word...

KUDZU, known to swallow small sportscars.

:)

·
Registered
159 Posts
There are some fun roads near Brooksville. You just gotta know where to go. The challenge is to find them.
I've been scouting N Florida roads in anticipation of my new wheels as well. Lets talk Brooksville...

·
Registered
724 Posts
my first drive will be the "pig trail" a road so crooked that at times you can see your own tail lights then its off to highway 7 as you pull off the interstate you a greeted by a big sign that states "very crooked and steep the next 67miles drive with caution" yea baby. i also hope to make a driveby at the eureka springs porsche convention

·
Registered
963 Posts
trifecta99 said:
I've been scouting N Florida roads in anticipation of my new wheels as well. Lets talk Brooksville...
Bellamy (sp) Brothers Road is pretty fun. All the roads in that area are decent. Also, north-west of Orlando has some very fun roads.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
andykeck,
Those are extravagant. There are some good mountain roads in a place called Hakone over here. They are a little farther away though (2.5 hours) so I don't make it up there very often. I will go before the summer is up and take some pics.

·
Registered
4,985 Posts
KuroiSport said:
andykeck,
Those are extravagant. There are some good mountain roads in a place called Hakone over here. They are a little farther away though (2.5 hours) so I don't make it up there very often. I will go before the summer is up and take some pics.
The first picture is the Spiral Highway near Lewiston, ID. It's the only road that has made me carsick as the driver.

The second picture is of the Rattlesnake Grade. That stretch is so long I have to stop to catch my breath about halfway along. Lots of fun riding and driving through the Snake River Canyon and vicinity.

Edit: Linky no worky. Let me try to fix.

Edit edit: Try these...
Spiral Highway

Rattlesnake Grade

Hoo-raw for TinyURL!

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
off topic... but if you have a long url...or one with spaces that fool this forum software, you can use the built in code like this-

[url=now insert the entire longass addess] TYPE WHATEVER YOU WANT HERE like LINK! or Click ME![/url]

·
Registered
4,985 Posts
Randy Chase said:
off topic... but if you have a long url...or one with spaces that fool this forum software, you can use the built in code like this-

[url=now insert the entire longass addess] TYPE WHATEVER YOU WANT HERE like LINK! or Click ME![/url]
That's what I thought I did. Guess it's time for more coffee.

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
andykeck said:
That's what I thought I did. Guess it's time for more coffee.
Hmm... looks like the links don't work anymore. Interesting, they may be somewhat dynamic.

How about just doing a screen capture, import into Paint, crop out crap, save as JPEG and then upload the attachment?

·
Registered
4,985 Posts
Randy Chase said:
Hmm... looks like the links don't work anymore. Interesting, they may be somewhat dynamic.

How about just doing a screen capture, import into Paint, crop out crap, save as JPEG and then upload the attachment?
Dunno. I could do that, but the links as fixed still work for me.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
WOW... That Rattlesnake Grade looks pretty intense from the map. Do you get to drive that often?

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
I thought Mt Dora in Florida might be a real mountain since they have car meets there. Found out its more like a hill than a mountain.

I was in Big Bend Park in Texas a few years ago, and it has a lot of nice roads going up into the mountains that border Mexico. At one point you are up in the clouds, go around a corner and go up up a hill. Right as you go over the hill, it looks like the road drops almost straight down for about 3 miles and you can see out for about 20 miles in front of you . I almost puked since it gives you the impression that you have driven off of a cliff or at the top of a roller coaster before it drops. That road would be great for sleigh riding or bicycling , you go could go for miles without having to stop or pedal.

There is a nice road going ip to Mt Rainer in Washington State too.

I'm sure Luminator must know of some awesome mountain roads up in Alaska nthat put all the roads here to shame.

·
Registered
4,985 Posts
KuroiSport said:
WOW... That Rattlesnake Grade looks pretty intense from the map. Do you get to drive that often?
Not too often. It's seriously out in the middle of nowhere. Maybe a five hour drive from Seattle to get to the starting point.
Here's a link with some video. On the mileage counter, I don't think they take into account the Oregon side of the canyon, so maybe double the distance.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts