The Lotus Cars Community banner

2301 - 2320 of 2341 Posts

·
Premium Member
463 Posts
Do i interpret this photo correctly that two weeks after your oil cooler lines failed, a tree fell on your car? If so, that's some very sour luck.
you are correct... got the car back Tuesday from the dealership... beautiful weather all week until yesterday and this morning about 7:30, tree fell slowly... the amazing bit is that I expected to see my whole front end destroyed but it wasn't... the tree put two nicks in the vinyl wrap on my hardtop and pushed the right side of the front clam back maybe 3/16" - no fiberglass damage, not even a mark on it from where the one branch was resting on the fender/clam!!!

·
Premium Member
527 Posts
the tree put two nicks in the vinyl wrap on my hardtop and pushed the right side of the front clam back maybe 3/16" - no fiberglass damage, not even a mark on it from where the one branch was resting on the fender/clam!!!
What horrendous luck to have a tree fall on your car. What awesome luck that it would do so little damage. I would look carefully at clam attachment points - I've seen clams that looked fine until you took the headlight covers off. The good news is that a little epoxy resin and you're good as new, but some repair might yet be required.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Next to my daily driver. Very odd feeling going from one to the other.
Same here! It's polarizing to say the least. :) I just picked up a brand new daily driver, a 2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew w/ fx4 off road package in August.

Attachments

·
Back to the Future, again
6,155 Posts
2301 - 2320 of 2341 Posts