The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
6,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
From Lime Rock Park today...here are two pics showing the oldest production Lotus, (the 6, this one is a 1953) along with the very newest, the 111R:

Here's a view from the tower...Lotus 6 and Elise next to one another with a Series 1 Lotus 7 from 1958 behind the 6:

Elise and early E-type Jag..love those covered headlights...:

And a shot by a pond on the way home:

Enjoy!

·
Supporting Vendor
4,246 Posts
Stan,

Congrats on securing a car! I thought you were holding out for an LSS?

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Stan,
What was going on at LRP for the LOTUSes to be there?

·
Banned
6,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
>>>Congrats on securing a car! I thought you were holding out for an LSS?<<<

True! But it turns out that it's so easy to convert either way that that is what I am doing.

>>What was going on at LRP for the LOTUSes to be there?<<

It was an Alfa Romeo event. But there was a wide spectrum of cars in attendance. Wish I coulda joined in the fun...but my mileage is at about 450 at the moment.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Cool pics!

agree with Stan...modifying suspension would be a piece of cake...and quite personally I am finding the stock suspension excellent and would caution going for the LSS unless you really intend on tracking (including AutoX) the Elise...I know this is strictly personal taste but I for one thing the standard set up will satisfy 95% on any Elise driver...and I intend on AutoXing it...will see

Oh..exhaust....and I can not explain this one...after driving the demo Elise (yes Fed version) I was saying to myself 'Stage I exhaust'...thought car could use a little more throaty sound...BUT I swear the exhaust on my Elise is louder...in fact a great throatly nice rumblely sound and totally have discounted going to the Stage I exhuast... dunno but very satisfied with exhaust:)

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
Michael,
I'm at around 1800, we've got a long route mapped out post LOG, going to drive from LOG to deals gap on TN side, into carolina back down to GA>

My friend that got his silver one took it up to the carolinas this past week drove all over the blueridge parkway and other roads. He's over 2500 miles already!
Chris

·
Registered
670 Posts
Thanks for the pix Stan. An Alpha day must have been a hoot. I've always wanted a GTV.

Nice to see an Elise pic parked beside a smaller car.

Steve

·
Registered
549 Posts
Wow...rack the mileage up>>>

zvezdah1 said:
Michael,
I'm at around 1800, we've got a long route mapped out post LOG, going to drive from LOG to deals gap on TN side, into carolina back down to GA>

My friend that got his silver one took it up to the carolinas this past week drove all over the blueridge parkway and other roads. He's over 2500 miles already!
Chris
I been driving some but the humid heat sorta keeps things down but not out...looking forward to September and moderating temps...head out 66 to Blue Ridge and then to Cumberland Md I think would be a fun drive...

Keep the drivin:clap:

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
Michael, you and Lnz should come to LOG, we need all the elise we can get, specially elisetalk guys. The Logo is quite nice, it's front view of an elise.
Chris

1 - 14 of 14 Posts