The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
6,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
From Lime Rock Park today...here are two pics showing the oldest production Lotus, (the 6, this one is a 1953) along with the very newest, the 111R:

Here's a view from the tower...Lotus 6 and Elise next to one another with a Series 1 Lotus 7 from 1958 behind the 6:

Elise and early E-type Jag..love those covered headlights...:

And a shot by a pond on the way home:

Enjoy!

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Stan,
What was going on at LRP for the LOTUSes to be there?

·
Banned
6,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
>>>Congrats on securing a car! I thought you were holding out for an LSS?<<<

True! But it turns out that it's so easy to convert either way that that is what I am doing.

>>What was going on at LRP for the LOTUSes to be there?<<

It was an Alfa Romeo event. But there was a wide spectrum of cars in attendance. Wish I coulda joined in the fun...but my mileage is at about 450 at the moment.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Cool pics!

agree with Stan...modifying suspension would be a piece of cake...and quite personally I am finding the stock suspension excellent and would caution going for the LSS unless you really intend on tracking (including AutoX) the Elise...I know this is strictly personal taste but I for one thing the standard set up will satisfy 95% on any Elise driver...and I intend on AutoXing it...will see

Oh..exhaust....and I can not explain this one...after driving the demo Elise (yes Fed version) I was saying to myself 'Stage I exhaust'...thought car could use a little more throaty sound...BUT I swear the exhaust on my Elise is louder...in fact a great throatly nice rumblely sound and totally have discounted going to the Stage I exhuast... dunno but very satisfied with exhaust:)

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
Michael,
I'm at around 1800, we've got a long route mapped out post LOG, going to drive from LOG to deals gap on TN side, into carolina back down to GA>

My friend that got his silver one took it up to the carolinas this past week drove all over the blueridge parkway and other roads. He's over 2500 miles already!
Chris

·
Registered
670 Posts
Thanks for the pix Stan. An Alpha day must have been a hoot. I've always wanted a GTV.

Nice to see an Elise pic parked beside a smaller car.

Steve

·
Registered
549 Posts
Wow...rack the mileage up>>>

zvezdah1 said:
Michael,
I'm at around 1800, we've got a long route mapped out post LOG, going to drive from LOG to deals gap on TN side, into carolina back down to GA>

My friend that got his silver one took it up to the carolinas this past week drove all over the blueridge parkway and other roads. He's over 2500 miles already!
Chris
I been driving some but the humid heat sorta keeps things down but not out...looking forward to September and moderating temps...head out 66 to Blue Ridge and then to Cumberland Md I think would be a fun drive...

Keep the drivin:clap:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts