The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!

Pics+vid From my first rack day @PUTNAM-Park

2K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  AnsisK 
#1 · (Edited)
Pics+vid From my first track day @PUTNAM-Park

Boy is this lotus fun out on the track.

It was my first track day with the car, and OMG this thing comes alive on a track. It was truly what these puppies were built for.

I cant for next time.

Setting up camp^^No kevin because he couldnt save me a spot next to him. :nonod: This place was packed. So i found a lotus friend.

:blush2: ^^^ GT3 with carbon wing

Nopt sure if i like the cobra with a hardtop.:frown2:

Fokin sweet^ Cayenne turbo GTS

This Mini was one of the only cars in our group i felt was faster than me. I didnt get to talk to this guy so i didnt figure out exactly what he had done. But it is a JCW package with racing rubber(i believe). I saw a strut bar and harnesses. This guy was a good driver. I was unable to shake him for about 3/4 of a lap so i let him pass on the straight.

Little story that goes with these last 2 pics.
An Older AUDI hatchback in the race series went off track before turn 5. He went dead straight off the track instead of making the turn. No brakes no steering. They dont know know what happened. He drove straight into the woods car flipped, they had to get chain saws to drag the car out.
No word yet on the guys condition or if hes even alive. I know two things.
They covered the car before bringing it back to the paddock and immediately parking it in the garage. Which tells me Blood was a possibility.
The other thing is the air care stayed on the ground for about 20 minutes. Which makes me think they were in no hurry to get him to the hospital. Maybe he wasnt in very critical condition. Or maybe he had already passed....

Full race prepped Mustang GT, not sure about its modifications. But i ate this guy alive out on the track.

And the videos.
YouTube - Lotus Exige S @ Putnam
YouTube - Lotus Exige Passing 2 spec miatas @ Putnam
YouTube - Lotus Exige S @ putnam Park
YouTube - Lotus Exige S @ Putnam fly-by

See less See more
#8 ·
ohhh hooo.
My cards were complete **** all night. But so were chris'. I need to practice my crooked smile retard look i guess to perform well playing with you guys. :lol:

guy in the audi is ok. report -> nasaforums.com • View topic - Status of Mark S.?

I saw you there. Cars looked great. Unfortunately, mine never got to a point where I could drive. :( Still was a success, though. The other 944 guys got me further along in 2 days than I could have in a month. You can see me and the car in the one pic:
Well you should have came up and said hey:)
I read that as well today.
Very glad to hear is alright. I was fearing the worst there for awhile.

#6 ·
guy in the audi is ok. report -> nasaforums.com • View topic - Status of Mark S.?

I saw you there. Cars looked great. Unfortunately, mine never got to a point where I could drive. :( Still was a success, though. The other 944 guys got me further along in 2 days than I could have in a month. You can see me and the car in the one pic:

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.