The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am still having a heck of a time trying to get my tail lights working. Can someone please take a picture of the back of the outside US LED Tail light to show me where the wires from the 3 plug originate. The EURO do not have this 3 plug coming from the light, so you can not hook up the ballast. To spend this much money on something and have this much trouble SUCKS!
Thanks.
Rick

·
Registered
82 Posts
I think you might be missing something. When I did the conversion all I had to do was move one wire in one connector and splice one over to the other connector. please forgive me I did not take notes.

What is a Ballast in this application? the LED's lights have internal resistors in the boards to allow for full running voltage. the inner tail light/outer ring is only a half circle, brake light only. unlike the US which is a full circle, running light and brake light combo.

You should be able to look at the factory 05' lights and figure out the pinout. then do the same for the Euro LED's and convert.

EB Turbo

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have EURO outers and US inners. There is a bulletin stating I need an Inductor Jump Harness on the inners and a Inductor Jump Harness and a Ballast Module on the outers. I tried going without the BM and the inside light on one side acts like the brake is on. I even switched the light to the other side and it did the same thing there. I am in the process of sending it back to Lotus Garage and let them test it on another car (no other Lotus cars anywhere around here). Maybe this is as simple as a bad light but I am beginning to have very little faith.
Rick

·
Registered
82 Posts
with that combo, you will be just like normal US cars except for having the outer light has a orange turn signal instead of a clear one. I just looked at a late 07' we have here in the shop, i can see the balast module on the outter tail light. the Euro lights I installed did not require this. the plugs on the(one in the shop) are different from the one i installed. Either EURO taillights should have the correct plugs and the US inner should have the correct plugs for both inner and outer lights on an 05'. on the inner tail light, it just has an LED ground, LED Low(running), LED High(Brake light) and then the inner light for either reverse or turn. and that one just has power and a shared ground. take pics of both your 05' lights and the LED lights you want to install and ill see if i can come up with a wiring conversion just by looking at the pics.

EB Turbo

1 - 4 of 4 Posts