The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having trouble visualizing the routing of the wiring to, and the terminal connections on, the starter (V8 engine).

Does anyone have a photo they could toss up of a V8 engine, viewed from above, with the plenum & intake manifolds removed, that clearly shows all the various components and wiring harnessing installed in the center of the "V" ---- in particular, the starter motor in situ ?

Thanks

·
Registered
99 Posts
Not the greatest shot.

Attachments

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Travis & Robert ----

Cool ! Thanks !

....not to be too greedy.....but any chance you have some showing better where the starter wiring runs ? It enters the "Vee" from the rear and wraps back around to the back of the starter solenoid, I am assuming ???? Which leads specifically supply the starter --- can they be easily isolated from the harness further upstream before they disappear into the hidden chaos under the plenum ???

Also, I am trying to directly run / jump my starter motor while (obviously) avoiding the need to remove my plenum. But, if I can't avoid it ---- how difficult is it to R & R the plenum ???

·
Banned
1,594 Posts
It can't be that bad since it has to be done for many service items like injectors, coil packs, plug wires, and starter motor replacements.

·
98 Esprit V8 Calypso Red
310 Posts
Here is another one, hope this helps. The starter was removed.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Great ---- that helps as well !

So, as I look at all of these pics, this is how I interpret the starter wiring (high-lighted in green)......Does this seem correct to the three of you or anyone else whom has actually been in there and had their starter out ????

Attachments

·
Registered
182 Posts
the starter wiring runs through the conduit to the lower grommet on the (US) passenger side of the motor.

If I were you and wanted to interrupt this wire, I would do it under the passenger side cover (where the ECU is) or at the starter relay itself.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts