1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
5,158 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
6,602 Posts
I have been told that Storm Titanium is more brown in person than it is on the color chips. It makes me second guess my choice.

Has anyone seen it in person?

Thomas

·
Registered
6,602 Posts
I should have been more careful... what I mean to say is that the titanium color is like silver with a warm "brown" undertone, not that it looks brown. What I heard is that that brown undertone is more pronounced when you see the car in person than in the photos or from the paint chip.

Thomas

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Hmmmm, I ordered ST with Black/Red. I'm not worried about ST persay after looking at these pictures, I actually want the slightly brown tone. The thing I'm worried about now would be the red interior if the car shows up REALLY brown.

I've seen the pictures that were posted above and here:

http://www.elisetalk.com/storm_titanium.html

These last photo's look quite different.

·
Registered
6,602 Posts
My guess as to why some photos have more of a brown tint than others is the "white balance" effect. Good digital cameras allow you to adjust the white balance for indoor lighting versus outdoor lighting. If you don't do this properly, colors come out looking wrong in some photos.

Does anyone have an ST pictue w/ the red interior? (Or any other color interior, for that matter?)

ST w/ red is a combo that I'm considering.

T.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Thomasio said:
My guess as to why some photos have more of a brown tint than others is the "white balance" effect. Good digital cameras allow you to adjust the white balance for indoor lighting versus outdoor lighting. If you don't do this properly, colors come out looking wrong in some photos.

Does anyone have an ST pictue w/ the red interior? (Or any other color interior, for that matter?)

ST w/ red is a combo that I'm considering.

T.
How about the simple explantion that in the picture listed above the color of the ground is brown and the light reflected onto and from the car is a result of surrounding colors in close proximity too?

·
Registered
6,602 Posts
>How about the simple explantion that in the picture listed above the color of the ground is brown and the light reflected onto and from the car is a result of surrounding colors in close proximity too?

A keen observation, indeed.

Maybe I'll stay w/ the Storm Titanium. Now, let's see some different interior colors with the ST.

Any photos floating around w/ a red interior, or biscuit?

T.

·
shay2nak
24,910 Posts
I was originally going to order Storm Titanium, but seeing the colors on the RC cars at the LA auto show, I've decided to go with Graphite Gray. Storm Titanium is not bad, it's a bit too light IMO and it has a brownish tint to it, as some people have already written. Graphite is darker and it has kind of a chrome look to it. It reflects light pretty well. But I won't ever know for sure untill I see each color on the Elise in person.
good luck!

·
shay2nak
24,910 Posts
Damn! how do u guys attach hyperlinks and pictures and put original messages into your own message? This thing is retarded! I tried, obviously, the vb Code section and never works.

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
shay2nak said:

URL=http://elise.pinkcore.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=89&PN=1[/ URL]
You need to close off the first tag and get rid of the equals sign. Or let the software do that for you. You can type in a link and it automatically creates the url stuff for you.

Always think in terms of [ tag ] -content- [ / tag ] or-

[url]http://www.elisetalk.com/[/url]

http://elise.pinkcore.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=89&PN=1

If you want to get more slick, you do something like what youm started...

[url=urladdress goes here]TEXT to click on[/url]

So the above link done like this is-

CLICK HERE which is nice for very long links or links with spaces.

Links to show images is the same thing except instead of tags with the letters url in it, use the letters img

These Vb tags are very simple. You can modify fonts, colors, size, etc. For example...
i = italic
b=bold

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Steve W said:
I chose storm Titanium on the basis that the Esprit at the LA auto show was storm titanium...

In person, that colour looked awesome.
What do you think it will look like with the black and red interior. You are the only person that I have known that actually has seen it...

·
Registered
279 Posts
To Thomasio:

Since my 111R is in Storm Titanium I can confirm you that what you see in the image above is what you get in reality.

It's titanium colour, however under certain lighting it seems to have some very very faint brown colour in it....

It's just what I'd like, cause I'm fed up of seeing plain silver, titanium, or metallic colour in general.

just my 2 cents,

Theo

1 - 20 of 68 Posts