The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
2008 Exige S240
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took these a while ago and thought the shots may be helpful to
those persons thinking about swapping in some different mirrors.

I no longer have the car, but retained the CF mirrors.
I am on the fence about selling or bolting them on my Exige.

I no longer like the look really, but they are functionally better than OEM
in every respect and clean up the area. They don't weigh much less than stock because the aluminum base is unnecessarily thick. The mirror itself is light as feather.

-Robert

Attachments

Older but getting faster
THAT looks like the ticket! :clap:

More pictures please!

Source?

Price?

Did they bolt straight in or did your doors require modification to receive them?

Do tell!

Premium Member
Fit without issue. Used my stock mirrors. I purchased all new screws and bellows.
Each plinth is made from 2 pieces.

It's amazing how heavy the original plinth is in comparison. Main thing to remember is that they are raw plastic and need to be prepped accordingly. They also need to be painted in 4 separate pieces. If you snap them together before painting, there will be no way to get to the screw to attach mirror. Used magnetic tip to make sure screws didn't fall into the door abyss.
http://www.deroure.com/diagrams.asp?TBL=6204&MAK=1&MDL=40&SMA=0&SMO=0&ST=&SC=0

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

Premium Member
Were they any lighter?

San

Massively lighter, but NOT the reason I did the swap. I just thought they'd look better than the stock plinths. They look more delicate and less bulky IMO. They seem to "fit" the look of the car better.
I was definitely surprised however, at how heavy the originals are. They put a lot of thought into so many details to keep the weight down. They feel like paper weights.
It's difficult to see in the pictures how much different it looks.
Definitely subjective.

** The Enforcer **
Massively lighter, but NOT the reason I did the swap. I just thought they'd look better than the stock plinths. They look more delicate and less bulky IMO. They seem to "fit" the look of the car better.
I was definitely surprised however, at how heavy the originals are. They put a lot of thought into so many details to keep the weight down. They feel like paper weights.
It's difficult to see in the pictures how much different it looks.
Definitely subjective.

Thanks for the response.

San

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.