1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
324 Posts
Thanks for some great photos. I really like the close up of the taillights with the sky reflection. Great meeting you finally.

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Nice photos, but why so many cobras at a British Car Show?
Same reason there's a bunch of new Minis. Yes, they both have British 'lineage', but the new versions....

Aren't British....

Most of the Cobras are either Factory Five (USA) or Superformance (South Africa) and the new Minis are German (BMW).

I think it plays fast and loose with 'British'.

Interesting to see Carla and her posse driving near there! :)

·
Registered
6,530 Posts
Same reason there's a bunch of new Minis. Yes, they both have British 'lineage', but the new versions....

Aren't British....

Most of the Cobras are either Factory Five (USA) or Superformance (South Africa) and the new Minis are German (BMW).

I think it plays fast and loose with 'British'.

Interesting to see Carla and her posse driving near there! :)
Well, uhhh, you could make the same 'case' about the Elise, Exige and Evora.

Owned by foreign care company but factory located in England. 'Check' for MINI and Lotus.

Many key components sourced out of country: For Elige bodies from France, engines from Japan. For MINI, I believe their engines are Renault/BMW collaborations these days.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Nice pictures thanks for sharing

The tow ring on the front of the Elise stands out like a lip piercing, if it were my car I would paint it black to blend in.

I like how they contoured the rear spoiler into the rear quarter panels on the Jag, looks nice and smooth. Styling on that is really hot and the ass is kick'in.

The 'James Bondo' TR was a hoot!

Nice to see a Series 1 Elise, you don't see many of those in the US.

I wonder if the dancer is wearing any panties under that Kilt?

·
Registered
7,708 Posts
Nice pictures thanks for sharing

The tow ring on the front of the Elise stands out like a lip piercing, if it were my car I would paint it black to blend in.

I like how they contoured the rear spoiler into the rear quarter panels on the Jag, looks nice and smooth. Styling on that is really hot and the ass is kick'in.

The 'James Bondo' TR was a hoot!

Nice to see a Series 1 Elise, you don't see many of those in the US.

I wonder if the dancer is wearing any panties under that Kilt?
Stand down wind and take a sniff.

Rich's car looks awesome.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Two of the Cobras were real... Well at least one was real. Guy bought it as a used car in 71 for $1500 (red one... 289?). The other was a real Shelby continuation (blue one... 427) car built in the early 80's. So... At least the red one is part British? (body)

Sent from my Autoguide iPad app

·
Registered
579 Posts
Two of the Cobras were real... Well at least one was real. Guy bought it as a used car in 71 for $1500 (red one... 289?). The other was a real Shelby continuation (blue one... 427) car built in the early 80's. So... At least the red one is part British? (body)

Sent from my Autoguide iPad app
The red one was a real 289. Real cobra, body and chassis built in England. Shelby just installed the engine. Probably a higher % of parts from England than our cars are.

Here is a chassis plate from a different 289. Same thing differnet serial number on the one at the show. That was the first thing I looked for under the hood, to see if it was a real or fake. The 427s had a Shelby American Chassis plate.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts