The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dropped by the FCA meetup at Continental Autosports in Hinsdale last weekend and took some pictures. Thought I would share them.

Someone brought this beautiful stanced Lotus Europa:

·
Premium Member
4,117 Posts
Very Impressive, thank you for sharing!

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Great stuff. I must have just missed you. I was there in my Elise and my buddy had his grey Panoz Esperante.

Did you see the gorgeous 512BB (blue) that was there? David McNeil (WeatherTech) was there test driving and I'm pretty sure he was buying it (he has the Enzo with the 'NEAR JET' license plate). His son's race prepped 430 was also in one of the bays.

BTW, that burgundy and silver 156MM car is worth like $4-5M. Weinberger has an amazing collection - even better cars at his building at Autobahn.

Oh, and I REALLY REALLY like the new Ghible. They had a bunch there.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Great stuff. I must have just missed you. I was there in my Elise and my buddy had his grey Panoz Esperante.
I dropped by around 10AM. I was hoping to avoid some of the crowds I figured would show up in the afternoon. We took the Model S since I brought my parents with me. Not too many people were in the remote lot - jsut an F430, a 348 Spider, and a 308 GTB

Did you see the gorgeous 512BB (blue) that was there? David McNeil (WeatherTech) was there test driving and I'm pretty sure he was buying it (he has the Enzo with the 'NEAR JET' license plate). His son's race prepped 430 was also in one of the bays.
You must be talking about this pair:

Oh, and I REALLY REALLY like the new Ghible. They had a bunch there.
We sat in the Ghibli twice (I'm very amused that it's named like Miyazaki's anime studio) once here and at the auto show- it was certainly very comfortable, but the interior felt kind of dated in comparison to our Model S (which has its own issues). However, it should be noted that we're not really "luxury car people" so we don't notice a lot of the small stuff.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts