The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I visited the Storm Titanium car at Overseas Motors. I took a lot of pictures. I will post a few. I resized them down a bit, to make them more friendly.

I have decide to post pictures that most people haven't taken. Details I haven't seen. So they may seem weird choices of pictures to post.

First I will post a picture I took while standing on the bonnet. It shows that place between the seats.

Attachments

·
Registered
758 Posts
Racer X said:
Ok now the shift knob and stuff close to it.
Is it in gear in that photo ? Or is the stick bent ?

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Now for the space behind the seats. It is a bit small. Maybe you could put your lunch bag there, now that you will be carrying your lunch so you can afford the Elise:)

Attachments

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
And now for something completely different. The gas cap under the aluminum flap. Looks liike a regular cap. I am need to start looking for a locking cap.

Attachments

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I took a close up of the Headlight. The low beam is a projector. The high beam is a standard halogen but small reflector with a small parking(?) light inset into the top of the reflector.

Attachments

·
Registered
677 Posts
I know this is a strange question, but do you have a picture of the space between the engine and the firewall?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Racer X,

Did they move the car to the display floor? It looks like it from your bottom picture. [Edit: Never mind, I asked too quickly. Great pictures!]

Also, did you get any more info on what they are doing with this "gift"?

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The last for now is a picture that shows a silver (artic?) Espirit in the background for comparison to the Storm Titanium. I have a lot more mundane pictures, some good some not so good. I will post more if there is anything that someone wants to see, maybe I took a picture of it.

Attachments

·
Registered
758 Posts
Racer X said:
And now for something completely different. The gas cap under the aluminum flap. Looks liike a regular cap. I am need to start looking for a locking cap.
If the cap isn't locking, does the aluminium flap lock, with a release lever in the cabin, or can it be freely opened ??

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
aletes said:
I know this is a strange question, but do you have a picture of the space between the engine and the firewall?
Not a strange question. Had I thought about it I would have. There did not seem to be much room. I think a turbo will fit better than a supercharger. Unless it is a centrifigal one put soomeplace different.

Maybe this will encourage someone to take that picture when they got to visit Elise at the dealer:)

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Gromit said:
If the cap isn't locking, does the aluminium flap lock, with a release lever in the cabin, or can it be freely opened ??
No, it does not lock or have an inside release, just open it with your finger! Very primitive:D

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
RedWine said:
Racer X,

Did they move the car to the display floor? It looks like it from your bottom picture. Also, did you get any more info on what they are doing with this "gift"?
Yes they moved it to the display floor about 12:20 today. It is in the other display room, not the one you may normally enter.

I would guess that they will try to get "market price" for it.

·
Registered
341 Posts
atyclb said:
sure looks like the passenger seat is the same size as the driver's
Yes, but in the first picture you can clearly see that the driver's seat is closer to the car's centerline. The driver gets more outside elbow room than the passenger.

·
Registered
758 Posts
I didn't think that was legal :huh:

kbob - It's kinda difficult to judge exact seat spacing coz Spiderman took the photo at a slight offset. Were you suspended from the roof or something X ?

1 - 20 of 42 Posts