The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I know a lot of you have been wanting to see Candy Red. Well I just striped this brand new Candy Red Exige S240 so here are some pics. This car is available for sale at Lotus of Atlanta right now.

Stripes are matte black. I am happy to sell stripe kits to anyone that wants to install themselves or like I've been doing quite a bit of lately- I can install them for you as well.

Laying out the stripes, lots of measuring.
How you cut "on car" without any risk of scratching the paint.
Signed under the wing.
Wheel emblem as rear badge

Attachments

·
Registered
5,600 Posts
The black stripes act as some sort of cloaking device...

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You guys are too quick. 3 posts before I could submit the edit!

Also matte black gas door decal and black and silver wheel emblems.

Attachments

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
and a couple more

This was a fun one. Looking forward to striping more. Think this is like the 5th one I've done in past few weeks. I'm even happy to give you a 1 year warranty on my work.

Back home at the dealer and picking my car back up. Thank you Lotus of Atlanta, pleasure doing business once again.

Attachments

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Looks excellent. Keith, when I change the stripes on my car, I will drive over to you for the install. That looks perfect. There's a couple very minor imperfections on my car.

P.S. - I like the ChuforiaGraffix sticker you stuck on there ;)
I still need pics of your car with the stripes and the numbers on it! -poke-
I'm surprised HRM tackled that install of my kit for you. That is a pretty tough one with that stripe down the middle.

·
Registered
11,221 Posts
Yes, and there are some inherent problems by going that route unless you have a little extra material which we did not. So I'll just go to you.... :D

As for pics...yeah... when I get my car back tomorrow... I got a digi-cam now!

I never thought Pink could look so bad ass rotfl

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
And so for driving impressions....

One, bright pink is even crazier than chrome orange. It was like back 3 year ago when my car was new, as far as the attention garnered. The ladies look. Who isn't curious who is driving a ridiculous flaming pink car. The color is awesome. I would definitely drive this car, and I'm not even kidding about that.

The S240 is a way different car than my 05 Elise. 50 HP more is a lot in one of these cars and it comes on way earlier. Obviously this is a brand new car and my job was to stripe it, not beat on it- but still you can see an amazing difference.

For having the track pack it rode surprisingly well. The seats are better. The softer flatter look of the interior is better. The radio is better. The guages look better. The air is colder. The key looks decent. Everything is better. I didn't really wail around turns or anything, but you can tell there is less (what seems like NO) body roll. The only thing not better is the rear view.

The brakes. They have bigger AP Racing front calipers and different rotors on the car. I assume this is some factory lotus brake upgrade, I've seen it on other new cars there before. Wasn't the Elise one of the best braking cars Car and Driver (or Road and Track or one of them?) had ever tested. Can you really improve on them? Uhm OMG, yes you can. Those things are crazy. Actually at very low speeds like trying to creep out of the driveway or over a speedbump they are too good. They are off or on. They really bite. After picking up my car it was like going from the Elise to the BMW. Except I was in an Elise.

Also for a new car, it didn't squeek at all like mine did for months. It didn't seem to have any rattles or anything. Just an all around lot tighter car. I think Lotus had made lots of little improvements.

This is an amazing car.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
I like the pink once the black stripes are added. Without them, not so much. The soft color works well with the black contrast, like the club racer, which I also very much like.

Do you sell the gas cap cover sticker by itself? I would be interested.

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I like the pink once the black stripes are added. Without them, not so much. The soft color works well with the black contrast, like the club racer, which I also very much like.

Do you sell the gas cap cover sticker by itself? I would be interested.
That was the thought behind doing this. To "masculinize" the car a bit. If I would of had time I would of done black and pink wheel emblems, but it got the black and aluminum ones instead since they are pre-made.

yeah, I can sell you a gas cap cover or anything you see in any of my posts by itself. I sell quite a few of those in carbon fiber.

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
If I end up getting a gloss black lotus I'm definately doin matte stripes

Please let me do it. I've been dying to do one that way. Maybe we can get a couple cars in the area to do and if someone gives me a place to stay I'll do a roadtrip for some stripe installs.

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
great job!!!
the candy red does look pink on pictures, but the stripe job makes it look better, great taste on where the COMPANY LOGO was put...excellent!!!
is the CO elise yours?

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
The stripes are nice.

The color of the car though is awful. It reminds me of early 90's Geo's that had a color called Magenta. Bleeeck -

I suspect the new 08 didn't have star shield on it - or if it did, did you lay the stripes over it?

Would matt finish stripes shine if they were under star shield - kinda like a clear coat does to matt paint?

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Flux: Yes the CO car is mine. Some more pics of it and other cars I've done recently over in this thread http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f92/official-stripes-thread-post-your-pictures-here-45365/index4.html

Vishus: I'm pretty certain matte stripes would shine if starshield was put over them. But that's ok, you lay the stripes over the Starshield anyway. The pink car has starshield and the stripes are right over it. Works perfect. In the other other thread I just linked to, the 2 black Exiges, White Exige, polar blue Elise, and my chrome orange Elise are all done this way over the starshield as well.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts