The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Exige S240
3,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
thought some may want to see the difference.....it looks better in person > especially at night

The LEDs are brighter than the oem filament bulbs, but the glare makes the Edison bulbs appear brighter. This is a pure swap without issues. The filament bulbs are silly hot, even after a few seconds.
I got the LEDs from superbrightleds.
I had them on my previous Elise for over 3 years and now they are serving duty in my new Exige.

(I think the iPhone camera is to blame for the glare and general fuzziness)

I'll swap out the from markers next.

-Robert

Attachments

·
Saffron Yellow is Lighter
1,292 Posts
I would be willing to buy your 4 stock LED tail-lights, and exchange you some 05 tail lights so you could convert those to the same LED bulbs!

·
...call me a space cowboy
252 Posts
Thanks for the comparison...would you mind sharing how you did this and your parts list?

·
Registered
623 Posts
"Edison bulbs"? Don't you mean "Swan bulbs"?

Edison ripped off Joseph Swan who had a commercial light bulb on the market in the UK a year before Edison launched his. Edison had failed to make a long life light bulb (there were arclights in use before then) and only succeeded when he copied Swan's patent. :no:

Joseph Swan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It makes me mad whenever I hear people credit that scoundrel Edison with the invention of the light bulb. What's sad is the power of American media even has people in the UK parroting it. :mad:

·
Registered
2008 Exige S240
3,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
"Edison bulbs"? Don't you mean "Swan bulbs"?

Edison ripped off Joseph Swan who had a commercial light bulb on the market in the UK a year before Edison launched his. Edison had failed to make a long life light bulb (there were arclights in use before then) and only succeeded when he copied Swan's patent. :no:

Joseph Swan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It makes me mad whenever I hear people credit that scoundrel Edison with the invention of the light bulb. What's sad is the power of American media even has people in the UK parroting it. :mad:
Thanks for the history lesson.
This has been a common recurring theme throughout human existence.
We believe what we want to believe.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts