The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Absolutely love it. Very subtle. If you don't mind me asking... where did you get it?:clap:

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
What good are they, I can hardly see them!:D

They look great! I have been considering something like that for my Storm Titanium

·
Registered
693 Posts
I guess I don't understand the point of "Ghost" stripes. If you want stripes, don't you want to be able to see them?

It looks like you "had" racing stripe decals and you peeled them off and now have residue.

Flat black stripes on a black car look good though. JMO.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
These stripes and paint job look fantastic in person.
I agree! They look great in person, and it is hard to get the effect in a picture.

I like the race stripes, but I felt that having to look at them every time I drove the car would get old. I wanted something that was understated and still looked racy. From side to side the stripe is either lighter or darker than the paint on the car. You just can't get that effect from a sticker or normal paint job.. See it in Person before you pass total judgment.

J

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
so are the stripes a decal or is it painted on? (sorry in advance if answer was already posted and I missed it)
The stripes are painted, I noticed last night that the computer at our shop showed the contrast of the stripe in more detail than my home PC. Also my mac at home also makes it pop, more like it does in person.

J

·
Registered
222 Posts
Ok, so the current topic of discussion here is a ghost stripe and the effect it has on resale. Would you all be less likely to purchase an Elise because it has a ghost stripe?

·
Registered
361 Posts
hm, dont see the point in a stripe that light.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts