The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone has any pictures of the naked hardtop, i.e. without the headliner could you please pm them to me! The more photos from different angles the better!!

·
Registered
334 Posts
That looks good o_O very tempted to go do that to mine now. Nice work!

·
Registered
341 Posts
I'm about to do this to mine tonight.. I plan to sand a bit and then use some other spray on-stuff they recommended to remove oils etc before applying the bedliner spray. I'm using the dupont stuff..

I've been trying to make time to do this for weeks but hopefully today or tomorrow I'll finish up and post pics.. I'm planning on covering the whole underside of my top and not using any of the factory trim panels to cover up stuff.. went to the hardware store and got screws to put in where the brackets are so I can literally just spray over everything - then just remove and throw away the extra screws when I'm done.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Quick question, why would you want to do this?
I'm doing it because the headliner looks like sh*t, especially when its all saggy. The glue doesn't hold no matter which kind you use. Also I don't use the front or side trim panels because they're pointless.

The bedliner stuff is rubberized so it should also reduce vibration and sound (best of all).. and for all those weight junkies out there the whole can of stuff (which I won't even need all of) has less than a pound of ingredients in it which I will save more than that removing the trim panels

·
Premium Member
321 Posts
I replaced my headliner with the light weight black trunk carpeting that some use when covering speaker boxes. It goes on pretty easy with the spray adhesive. Both can be found at local autoparts stores like Autozone.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts