The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
6,601 Posts
Interesting, I hadn't seen these. The side vent looks out of proportion to the rest of the car.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Interesting, I hadn't seen these. The side vent looks out of proportion to the rest of the car.
yeah they're probably not planning to cool the engine at all...

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Someone took the Lotus Design Hot Wheels car and photoshopped it. I think it highly unlikely that the real car will have anything in common with the Hot Wheels......It'd be cool though.

lotus design hot wheels - Google Image Search

Attachments

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
AutoExpress always seems a bit murky when it comes to the authenticity of photos, and Motor Trend, well, I stopped reading that a long time ago for many reasons. I'd say these photos are highly suspect, most likely just artists' guesses.

·
shay2nak
25,133 Posts
i like! especially the back.

·
Registered
9,294 Posts
It would be hard as h3ll to keep the interior windshield clean. I have trouble way up in the front of the Elise. That one would be far worse.

Keeping it practical ;).

·
Super Moderator
5,461 Posts
Good selection of images shade :)

Articles suggests they're official...
Since Lotus managed to keep the Evora from the public eye until a week before unveiling I can't imagine them ever officially releasing sketches of a future car :)

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
I wouldn't put too much stock in "artist renderings". I've yet to see one that actually turned out looking anything like the final production car.

Remember the Eagle/Evora renderings?!... :huh:

Attachments

·
Registered
724 Posts
Based on what is already established about the design, I would say that this is as close of a guess as they have gotten so far. You know it will have some common elements with the other newer cars, and that it will have the Evora chassis. Put that together with some 'must have' Esprit aspects, and voila! I think it looks as good as I could hope the real one does.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
It would be hard as h3ll to keep the interior windshield clean. I have trouble way up in the front of the Elise. That one would be far worse.

Keeping it practical ;).
That would be number 1 on my list of wants for the new Esprit too - must have a powerwashable interior.
(number of made up words = 1 powerwashable)

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
i think i like it.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts