The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I apologize if this has been asked already, but i did a search and could not find the answer.

I ordered an Elise w/ the touring package and the red leather interior. The dealer told me that it's a dark red interior, but I'm still not confident that it's a shade of red that I would like. Does anyone here have a picture of the red interior? is it more of a bright red or a dark red? thanks very much.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Hi Bob. Welcome to the nut house.

Here's one I found of a car that was floating around recently. I assume the red is what we'll see on production cars, but nobody can be certain.

Hope this helps...

Attachments

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
The lighting was very poor at the LA Auto Show, but the car I saw with red interior appealed to me very much as somewhat who only likes darker reds and not something like Porsche's flamingo red interior. It seems like the leather in that picture is a tad bit dark due to the perma-overcast in Oregon. ;)

It shouldn't be too much brighter, so you will enjoy it if you like the picture above.

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
Vantage said:
The lighting was very poor at the LA Auto Show, but the car I saw with red interior appealed to me very much as somewhat who only likes darker reds and not something like Porsche's flamingo red interior. It seems like the leather in that picture is a tad bit dark due to the perma-overcast in Oregon. ;)

It shouldn't be too much brighter, so you will enjoy it if you like the picture above.
That pic is not from the LA Auto show...it was outside:)

BTW that car has the touring pack and rollup windows, it is not available that way.

·
Registered
912 Posts
The red leather looks great especially on the silver car. It's not too bright and not too dark. I would get it, but I just can't warm up to the electric window controls. Thus, I am leaning towards the standard black interior and putting the money saved towards clear bra and paint upgrade. Even though the standard interior is black, I think the cloth inserts will be more comfortable on a warm day. And, warm days are going to be the time you want to drive this car!
:cool:

·
purveyor of lightness
4,160 Posts
steuspeed said:
The red leather looks great especially on the silver car. It's not too bright and not too dark. I would get it, but I just can't warm up to the electric window controls.
Same here - I LOVE the red interior - it would be glorious with the GG exterior... but you can't get it with manual rollers like in the picture... :( grrr... At least Lotus could have offered additional standard (non-touring/leather) cloth colours like RED!!! aarrghh!

<--- (sip sip) Perhaps I should crush their throats using The Force (tm) and MAKE them customize my Elise... nahhh. (sip sip)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts